Monday, October 16, 2023

Thinking of You for Color Hues

Hello friends!  We're in mid-October, which calls for a new challenge over at Color Hues!  The fabulous Hannelie has chosen a wonderful fall-ish combination of Yellow and Kraft.

I'm also playing along with the monthly Four Seasons Challenge, where October is Anything Goes Fall (and look at that fab mood board, I'm sure I'm going to be playing along again this month!).

Many options with the Color Hues combo, but I decided to use a new floral stamp set which I think worked well with yellow and kraft (plus a little gold and white ;-)).


I started by stamping the Rose Reverie image (a Simon Says Stamp/Altenew collab stamp and die set from Stamptember) on a white panel then coloring with Copic markers.  I sampled a couple of brown marker combos before finding a blending group that was closest to kraft.  The image was then die cut with the coordinating die.


Next I cut a panel of white with the Tim Holtz Simple Plaid cover die, which was then layered on a panel of kraft, which was then adhered to a white card base.  Before adhering the floral image, both the flowers and background were splattered with metallic gold and white paint.  While that dried, the sentiment was gold heat embossed then die cut with matching die.  I also cut out two more layers each of the floral image and the sentiment.  When the splatter was dried, the images were layered up, then adhered to the background panel.  I then took a small paintbrush and added metallic gold to the little anthers (tops of the stamen) in the middle of the flowers and that finished things off.


I love this color combo and I hope you do too!  Take a moment to visit the challenge blog and see what my amazingly talented teammates created for your inspiration and hopefully you will join us - the challenge remains open until 9 am EDT 10/28.

Thanks for visiting - take care!

Stef


Stamps and dies:  Rose Reverie, Tim Holtz Simple Plaid Cover die
Paper:  Neenah Solar White and Desert Storm
Ink:  Versamark, Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Clair Nocturne
Other:  Altenew Metallic Gold paint, Dr. Ph Martins Bleed Proof White, Altenew Antique Gold embossing powder
Copics:  Flowers - V01, Y08, 13, 11; Stamen - YR23, Y15; Leaves - E44, 43, 42, 41

11 comments:

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. The yellow flowers with the brown leaves look great over the white plaid die cut and kraft background. Thanks for the inspiration.

I Card Everyone said...

Stef, this is absolutely stunning!!
=]

Nancy said...

WOW, This is gorgeous, Stef! i just love how the light is hitting the leaves and of course the textured background! So inspiring!

Lisa Elton said...

What a beautiful card, Stef! Your yellow flowers pop right off the wonderful kraft and white background and your yellow splatters are a nice finishing touch!

Julie B said...

I have that die plate and I never thought to use it, it looks great behind those gorgeous blooms Cindy. :)

JulieP said...

Your background die really sets this card off beautifully!!!! Gorgeous florals too Stef!

Diane said...

A stunningly beautiful card!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at The Four Seasons!
Diane FS Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Four Seasons}

Cindy Beach said...

Beautifully colored images, lovely layers of dies and ink splattering! This card is gorgeous, Stef!

Marcia Hill said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS card Stef...you do flowers like no one else!! I had looked at this set last month and then thought "Nah...I don't NEED that"!! Now I'm kicking myself!! You've colored it beautifully and I'm absolutely loving that plaid die cut background too! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Tracey McNeely said...

Wow Stef your background really makes your flowers pop! Love your design!

cm said...

Everything about your card has planted a smile on my face! Gorgeous!
hugs~carol