Tuesday, October 17, 2023

All the Best

Hello friends!  I'm back with a card for the current challenges at The Paper Players and Just Us Girls.  I'm also sharing my card at the Four Seasons Challenge, where their October challenge is Anything Goes - Fall.




I decided to give some love to an older stamp set from Impression Obsession called Fall Pumpkins - so perfect, no?


The pumpkin/floral scene was colored with Copic markers.  I'd forgotten how small and detailed this stamp was, with all the tiny leaves, berries and flower petals, but it still didn't take too long to color.  I used browns to ground the image and at first was just going to use a blue marker around the edges above the "ground" but then opted to color in the rest of the background.  When done, the panel was trimmed down to 3.5" x 4.75".


Next, I tried to stamp the sentiment onto the panel, but wouldn't you know it, my paper moved ever so slightly in my Misti and it blurred!  No worries, I just stamped it again on a piece of white scrap paper, die cut it along with another piece for a tiny bit of layering, then added it to the card front.  The panel was layered on a dark brown panel, then added to the white card base with foam tape.  I hope to get this card and a few others in the mail to some out of state friends.


I hope you're having a great week with some decent weather because soon enough, at least in the Northern Hemisphere, we'll be looking at things turning colder.  I think we'll have our last hurrah of high 70's by the end of this week, then brrrr lol!

It you have a chance, check back on Thursday when I'll have a Halloween card to share.

Take care!

Stef


Stamps and die:  Impression Obsession Fall Pumpkins, Pink Fresh Studio Wonderful Sentiments
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, SU Early Espresso
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Clair Nocturne
Copics:  Pumpkins - YR09, 16, Y38, 15; Flowers - YR27, 24, 15, 11; Leaves - G28, 17, 05, & G46, 43, 40; Stems, flower centers and ground - E59, 57, 55, 53; Sky:  B000, 0000; Berries: RV69, 55

6 comments:

Nancy said...

What a gorgeously colored Fall card, Stef! WOW! Wish I was hostess as I would have already found my winner! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls.

Lisa Elton said...

This is a beautiful autumn card, Stef! You've colored everything to perfection, especially those marvelous pumpkins. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Just Us Girls!

Carol said...

Fabulous card, especially for your coloring skills!!! Love that sentiment and how it cuts out! So happy your have joined us this week at Just Us Girls!

Diane said...

Wow, this is gorgeous, colored so beautifully!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at The Four Seasons!
Diane FS Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Four Seasons}

Jaydee said...

Stef, another master class in coloring. Fabulously done. So glad you shared this with us at the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Just beautiful Stef - you really are the queen of Copic colouring my friend! Those pumpkins and flowers are bright, bold and beautiful. A beautiful fall-inspired card! Thanks for playing along with my CAS Challenge over at The Paper Players this week!