Sunday, October 29, 2023

Fall Hello for Sunday Stamps

Welcome back friends!  It's time for a new challenge at Sunday Stamps and this time we have some beautiful colors that just made my heart happy!  I hope you like them too!

I'm also sharing my card at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge for their Anything Goes theme.

To me these are wonderful colors for making Autumn cards, but honestly I love them any time of year.  Please excuse the photo quality - my camera definitely was not a fan of the foiled sentiment.


For starters, the pretty Forest Builder Frame was die cut from Distress Watercolor, then I used the ink smooshing technique to color them with Distress inks.  To get the frame a consistently darker color, I dipped a small paintbrush in Crackling Campfire Distress Spray Stain and painted the frame.  While that dried, a panel of Aqua Sky cardstock was embossed using the Tim Holtz Bark 3D folder, trimmed down then added to a Peacock panel layered on the white card base.


Next, I used a bit of Hero Arts gold wax on my finger to gently swipe over parts of the now dried leaves and branches on the frame.  While hard to see in the photos, I also swiped the gold wax on parts of the embossed panel to bring out the texture.  While that dried, I used my Spellbinders Hot Foiling system to create the sentiment, then adhered everything to the card front.  


So what are you inspired to create with these colors?  For more inspiration, head over to the challenge blog where my wonderful teammates have some beautiful cards to share, and hopefully you will join us!

On a personal note, this will be my final post as part of the Sunday Stamps design team. I've decided to take a step back and reevaluate my crafting priorities. The women on this team have been nothing less than fabulous to work with, and I will miss creating with them very much, and of course they will continue to bring you wonderful inspiration with each challenge. 

Take care!
Stef


Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Hammermill, Distress Watercolor, Concord and 9th Peacock and Aqua Sky
Ink:  Crackling Campfire, Wild Honey and Carved Pumpkin Distress Inks
Dies:  Simon Says Stamp Forest Builder Frame and Elegantly Modern Greetings die
Foiling:  Simon Says Stamp Elegantly Modern Hot Foil Plate, Spellbinders Gold Glimmer Hot Foil
Other:  Tim Holtz Bark 3D embossing folder, Crackling Campfire Distress Spray Stain, Hero Arts Gold Wax

5 comments:

Melissa Grant said...

Just Beautiful Steph and yes, my camera did not like my gold metallic heat embossing!! But, I will miss you! All the best to you and whatever the future holds for you!!

Annette Elliott said...

What a lovely creation, Stef! Love the bold orange frame with hints of gold against your embossed blue layer. It just pops off the page. We are going to miss you and seeing your crafty talent at Sunday Stamps! Hugs to you. :)

Heather said...

So, so pretty, Stef - love this bright leafy frame! You are so talented with color - it all really pops over that pretty blue brick! Love it!

Lisa Elton said...

Beautifully done, Stef! The vivid orange leaves look amazing on the blue crackled background!

Heidi Baks said...

Thank you so much for being part of our team! I enjoy your cards so much!! Beautiful metallic touches on your card, and I love that crackle background!