Sunday, October 1, 2023

Apple-solutely Wonderful for Sunday Stamps

Hello crafty friends!  I'm back with a card for the new color challenge at Sunday Stamps.  This time the colors are definitely leaning towards fall.

I'm also playing along with Inkspirational, where the current theme is CAS.


After reviewing their definition of CAS (one main focal point, lots of open space, minimal layers and minimal embellishments), I thought my card worked well within those parameters.

A couple teammates and I were tossing around what colors were close to the color board and came up with More Mustard, Pale Papaya or light peach, Pumpkin Pie, Cherry Cobbler and Basic Gray, which worked for me!


I recently got this cute stamp set, which is a Stamptember collaboration set between Simon Says Stamp and Art Impressions.  If you're not familiar with Stamptember, all month long SSS offers exclusive collaboration stamps with many of the best craft companies and once the sets sell out, they're gone.  It's over now, since today is October 1st but just something to put on your calendar for next year if you're interested.  The other thing is that even if the collab sets sell out, the companies usually have something similar in their lines of stamps and dies. Art Impressions has a large line of fun AI ladies and gents, if you like this style.

Okay, enough about that!  This cute lady was colored up using Copic markers similar to the colors listed above.  I then used my gray marker to give her some ground to stand on, then used two shades of peachy ink to blend the edges of the background, leaving a little halo so I didn't get the ink where I didn't want it.


When the background was complete, I used a Wonky Stitched rectangle die to cut down the panel and mount it onto the white card base with foam tape.  The sentiment was white heat embossed on a scrap of gray cardstock, then I fussy cut it out and added it to the card with foam squares.  The final touch was adding a few highlights with a white gel pen.  I have a friend that absolutely loves puns, so this card will be heading her way soon!


I hope these colors inspire you to join us - the challenge remains open until 6pm EDT Friday, 10/13.  For more inspiration, please head over to the challenge blog where my talented teammates have plenty more inspiration for you!

Thanks for visiting and take care!

Stef

Stamps:  AI/SSS Apple Cider Set
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, SSS Slate Gray
Ink:  SSS Peachy and Grapefruit
Other:  SSS Wonky Stitched Rectangle die, Sakura White Gelly Roll pen
Copics:  T6, 4, 2, 0, W1, 0, R39, 37, 35, 20, Y15, 11, 00, YR17, 24, 23, 21, 18, 16, 14, 02, 01, 00, 000, E59, 42, 41, 21, 11, 09, 00

7 comments:

Heather said...

So fun, Stef - I think this is a collaboration that worked out awesome - this gal is awesome! Love your coloring, and the gentle blending for the background - perfect to show off those stitched edges!

Lisa Elton said...

Very fun and your coloring is fantastic!

Marlena M. said...

Stef, your coloring is WOW! Love the CAS scene you created; thank you for joining us at INk~

dj said...

Fantastic coloring of your little farm lady...great detail!! As usual you have offered great inspiration for those who decide to play along with our new challenge!! These fall colors were so fun to play with and I am sure we will see lots of great cards for our new "Autumn Whisper" color challenge over at Sunday Stamps!! #SSC319

Viv said...

Fab card again Stef! sorry late leaving my comments yet again too ;) hugs Viv xx

Marina said...

This is beautifully coloured and your simple presentation is perfect to showcase the image. Thanks for joining in at Inkspirational.

Heidi Baks said...

Orangy and gray colors -- perfect! Love your coloring!!