Sunday, September 17, 2023

Happy Halloween for Sunday Stamps

Hello again!  It's time for a new challenge at Sunday Stamps and this time the lovely Claire has created a wonderful sketch for our crafty inspiration.

I got a little creative with the sketch and essentially flipped it on the side and it worked well for the Halloween scene I created, using clouds for the banners and a pumpkin for the scallop circle.  Take a look!


I adore this fun pumpkin named Edison!  One could make him a bit more spooky looking but I wanted something more playful than scary.  I used my Distress Mica Stain Sprays along with a couple colors of regular Distress Spray Stain.  The pumpkin, the clouds and the back panel were all die cut from Distress Watercolor paper, then I put them all in my "splat" box and sprayed away.  


When the layers dried, the pumpkin was glued together and the back panel embossed with the Tim Holtz Cracked 3D Texture Fade, then all the scene components were adhered to the panel.  The bats are from different die set and were cut from plain black cardstock.  Finally, the sentiment strips were added then the panel adhered directly to the black card base.  Another one completed for my Halloween stash!


So what are you inspired to make with this sketch?  Be sure to pop over to the challenge blog to see how my talented teammates have created and hopefully join us!

Take care!

Stef


Paper:  Distress Watercolor, Hero Arts Pitch Black, Simon Says Stamp Reverse Halloween sentiment strips
Dies:  Tim Holtz Sizzix Edison dies, Memory Box Haunted Entrance bat dies, SSS Sentiment Labels die
Embossing:  Tim Holtz Cracked 3D Texture Fade
Mica Spray Stain Sprays:  Specimen, Frozen Fog, Phantom Mist, Fresh Balsam, Hollybranch, Fallen Acorn, Crooked Broomstick, Jack-O-Lantern, Flickering Candlestick
Distress Mica Stain Sprays:  Fossilized Amber, Rusty Hinge

4 comments:

dj said...

How fun and creative...flipping it was a great idea!! Super fun inspiration for those who decide to play along with our "A Banner of a Sketch" challenge over at Sunday Stamps!! #SCC318

Lisa Elton said...

What a great Jack-O-Lantern! I love his giant smile! This is fun, Stef!

Heather said...

Wow, Stef, I can't get over how amazing this is with our "turned" sketch! Those clouds are totally fabulous, and I love that leering jack o-lantern!

Vicky Hayes said...

I love how you tinkered with the sketch Stef. You've made a wonderful halloween card with the textured background with the brooding clouds and flitting bats and I love the bright pumpkin. Vicky x