Sunday, October 15, 2023

Thinking of You for The Flower Challenge and Sunday Stamps

Hello friends!  Today I'm sharing a card that I made for the new sketch challenge at Sunday Stamps and also as my reminder card for The Flower Challenge, where it's Anything Goes (with flowers) celebrating our 7th birthday.  It's always nice when I can make one card for two DT challenges!

For my card, I used the lovely magnolia stamps from a collaboration set with Memory Box and Simon Says Stamp.


There are three flowers in the set, so I stamped them all over on a white panel to create my own patterned paper.  I colored it with Copic markers then trimmed it down to 3.5" x 4.75" and mounted it on a slightly larger white panel.  


Next, I layered a 4" x 5.25" panel of brown cardstock on the white card base then added the colored panel with foam tape.  The sentiment was stamped and die cut with the matching die and that finished things off!


So what are you inspired to make for these two challenges?  I'd love to see your card in both galleries, but in the meantime, please take a moment to visit the challenge blogs to see the beautiful cards created by my amazingly talented teammates and guest designers Emily Midgett and Loll Thompson!

Also, this is the final challenge for Viv and Aileen, who started The Flower Challenge seven years ago.  They are dear, wonderful people and will be greatly missed as part of the DT.

Thanks for visiting and take care!

Stef


Stamp and die:  Memory Box and SSS So Kind collaboration, Waffle Flower Elegant Sentiments stamp and die
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Concord & 9th Acorn
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Copics:  RV23, 21, 10, YG09, 07, 05, 02, E59, 55, 53, B000

7 comments:

Cindy Beach said...

Magnolias are a favorite of mine, and they rock with your fabulous coloring, Stef. This is stunning!

Viv said...

Beautiful card Stef using my favourite pink too I see ;) Thanks for the lovely comments also... I will miss you too ;) hugs Viv xx

Loll said...

Beautiful colouring of these magnolias, Stef. Gorgeous card! xx

Heather said...

Just gorgeous, Stef, your coloring always blows me away, so perfect! Such glorious shading, and perfect with that loving sentiment!

Lisa Elton said...

Your magnolias are as pretty as they can be, Stef! This is a marvelous card!

Nancy said...

This is gorgeous, Stef! Not only are the Magnolias beautiful but the background is pretty and done so well too. I really love this!

Bobby said...

Beautiful job of making that magnolia background, Stef. The blue coloring is so perfect. I wish I could do that.