Sunday, March 26, 2023

Peonies and Butterflies

Hello friends!  Today I'm playing along with two challenges - Jacquie's fabulous sketch at Freshly Made Sketches and Nancy's fun Things in a Garden theme at Seize the Birthday.




I thought I would use some patterned paper in the background, as I have several pads but don't use them often, and I was fortunate to find one that I liked, that worked with the STB theme and would be colors I could work with for my Copic coloring.  Peonies and butterflies are two things that eventually will be in my garden.


The patterned paper is from Simple Stories Simple Vintage Cottage Fields 6x8" pad.  I really like the small graph design in the background, along with the script and of course the butterflies.  While most of the butterflies on the paper are more neutral, there are a couple that have a hint of peach, so that and the aqua background formed my coloring choices.


I used one of the two floral images in the Build-A-Garden: Precious Peonies set from Altenew, stamping in Memento Tuxedo Black and coloring with peachy and blue-green markers.  The peach markers are ones I rarely use because it's hard to achieve a deep contrast between light and dark, but when I was done, I was really happy with how it turned out.  After coloring, I used the matching dies to cut out the image.

The sentiment is from Waffle Flower's Elegant Sentiments, die cut the the coordinating die.  I lightly ink blended some Salvaged Patina Distress Ink on the white panel then added the flowers and sentiment with thin foam tape.  After adhering the patterned paper to the card base and adding the black horizontal strip, I also used thin foam tape to add the panel to the card and that was it!  


Thanks for taking time to stop by.  I hope you have an enjoyable week ahead!

Take care!

Stef

Copics:  R32, 12, 00, 000, BG57, 53, 11, YR24, Y19, 15

4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is gorgeous, Stef! You colored those big blooms perfectly. Love that you used some PP, I did the same thing today. All of those 6x6 pads just begging to be used!

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous card. Love the peach colors of the pretty blooms and the lovely background paper. Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

Nancy said...

Well, this is gorgeous Stef! The DSP was a nice match to your perfectly colored Peonies. Sounds like I need to send you some of my packs of DSP so you don't run out. I wish I had only several. LOL Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday and for using the topping, I love seeing your work in the gallery! HUGS!

Cathy said...

Love the colours you've chosen and the paper is a perfect match! Beautifully coloured peonies too. Thankyou for joining in at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x