Thursday, March 16, 2023

Persian Motifs for Color Hues

Hello friends!  It's mid-month and time for a new challenge at Color Hues.  Marcia has chosen a beautiful color combination of blue and turquoise.  


For my card I used a long neglected stamp set from Altenew.  I think Persian Motifs was one of the very first stamp sets I bought from them years ago and I decided it was high time I revisited this set.


I used all three floral images from the set, along with a few other small stamps, stamping around the edge of a white panel. I was so pleased with how well the dark blue and blue-green Copic markers blended, it made it fun to color.  I didn't worry about a light source per se, I just wanted the centers to be nice and dark before moving out to the lighter turquoise.


The rest of the card was a snap to put together.  The Altenew Fancy For You sentiment was die cut twice, once from Concord and 9th Midnight and once from Simon Says Stamp Matte Silver, then layered with the dark blue acting as a shadow.  The panel was trimmed down, adhered to a Midnight card base, then the sentiment attached along with a few Lucy's Cards Dark Sapphire Mix Jewels.  


Please be sure to head over to the challenge blog for some incredible inspiration from the other Design Team members and hopefully be inspired to join us!  The challenge lasts until 9 am EST on March 29th.

Take care!

Stef

Copics:  B39, 26, BG07, 05, 02, 01, 000

7 comments:

Karen said...

The card design is fabulous, Stef, but your coloring is just over-the-top beautiful! Stunning!

Julie B said...

So pretty Stef, the use of the colours blended together really adds depth. :)

Lisa Elton said...

I love that you pulled this old set out to give it some love again, Stef! Your coloring is out of this world and your card is beautiful!

Marcia Hill said...

This card is absolutely GORGEOUS Stef...your coloring is AWESOME!! This stamp set is one of the first ones I bought from Altenew too, and I'm ashamed to admit it's been years since I've stamped with it! You have made my color combination just SHINE with this stamp set and I'm still trying to pick my jaw up off the floor...lovely, LOVELY card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Nancy said...

This is gorgeous and the for you looks fabulous too! You have mad coloring skills! Well done!

JulieP said...

This is so elegant!!! Wonderful coloring and I am in love with that large metallic sentiment!

cm said...

You've breathed beautiful life into your Persian motifs with your copic combination. Gorgeous card!
~carol