Sunday, March 5, 2023

Hugs for Sunday Stamps

Hello and welcome!  The first of March is already upon us (wait - where did February go??) and it's time for a new sketch challenge at Sunday Stamps.  This time Amy has given us a terrific sketch to work with so I hope you'll be inspired to join us!


My card turned out to be very quick and easy to put together because the main image had been previously completed in a class I took recently.


In February I attended the Distress Watercolor Pencil class taught by the amazing Jenn Shurkus (link to her website here).  We learned to use the pencils in a variety of watercoloring applications, including using the pencils directly on our stamps along with water.  I was so thrilled with how this image from Stampin' Up's Nature's Harvest turned out I knew I had to use it on a card.  It was stamped multiple times onto Distress Watercolor paper using my Misti.  When I went to create this card, the panel was die cut with a MFT Stitched Modern Rectangle Stax die.


Next a piece of patterned paper from MFT's Plaid Patterns 6x6 paper pad was die cut with a larger size of the same die set and adhered directly to white card base.  I strayed from the sketch a little bit by wrapping Lawn Fawn hemp twine around the floral panel, then attaching a tag with the sentiment.  Both the sentiment and tag die are from Waffle Flower's Special Delivery Sentiments and Dies set.  Finally, I attached a Doodlebug Tiny Hearts Shaped Sprinkle to the tag.  There were green and yellow hearts in the packet but I liked the pop of red.


Lots of options with this sketch, I do hope you'll join us for this challenge!  In the meantime, be sure to pop over to the blog linked above and take a peek at the beautiful cards by the other DT members!

Have a great week and take care!

Stef


Distress Watercolor Pencils - Fossilized Amber, Wild Honey, Vintage Photo, Twisted Citron, Rustic Wilderness.

3 comments:

Melissa Grant said...

So pretty Steph! First I NEED to check out that water coloring with pencils class you took...WOW. Second, I love watercolor images and yours is lovely! Love the shape of the modern rectangle dies...everything came together and made one beautiful card!

dj said...

What beautiful watercolored flowers!! And I love that designer paper...so spriny and pretty!! Such great inspiration for those who decide to play along with our new sketch challenge over at Sunday Stamps!! #SSC304

Annette Elliott said...

well, how fun is this? I am jealous that you got to take a class! It seems I'm also making classes for everyone else! lol. Will have to experiment with this technique because it really is stunning. :)