Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Holiday Cheer for Christmas Craft Creations

Hello friends!  It's time for the Christmas Craft Creations reminder post and this month we are asking everyone to make a "true" one layer card, decorating just your card base without additional layers of any kind, except for embellishments such as sequins, etc. 


I found this to be quite a challenge but I was determined to find a design that worked and I ended up CASEing the very talented Miriam Prantner's card design, just changing up the color and the sentiment.


As you can see, this is a super easy design, even if you don't use these exact stamps.  The snowflake borders are from Snowflake Edges stamp set and the sentiment from Christmas Blessings stamp set, both by Simon Says Stamp.  I started with 110# Neenah Solar White cardstock, which is what I use for almost all of my card bases, stamped the top border with Versamark, then heat embossed with Distress Embossing Glaze in Salvaged Patina.  I did the same for the bottom border as well.


Next, Salvaged Patina Distress Ink was blended over the embossing, then I added the sentiment using Versafine Clair Morning Mist pigment ink.  Almost done!  Lastly I dug through my drawer of embellishments and found these pearls from Lucy's Cards Harmony Crystal Collection that matched perfectly!  And that was it!  This will definitely be one of those mass production card designs come fall.


Thanks for taking time to stop by.  How is your Christmas card stash coming along for this year?  If you want to get a jump on it, you can find oodles of inspiration at Christmas Craft Creation every month.  Be sure to use the link above and see what delights the other team members have created for this challenge!

Take care!

Stef

1 comment:

Lisa Elton said...

Perfectly CAS and perfectly pretty!