Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Rain or Shine

Hey friends!  I'm back with a second post today, playing along with the lovelies at The Paper Players and Just Us Girls (you can find my Color Hues DT card here).



Even though we had snow the last three days, I still wanted to make a spring card with pastel colors, so I pulled out a cute Birdie Brown stamp set from MFT.


To create my card, I started by stamping and Copic coloring all the images from Rain or Shine.  I have to say the ducks in this set tickle me to no end and especially this happy little cutie!  After coloring, I used the matching dies to cut them out.


In an effort to minimize layers for a CAS look, instead of adding a background on a separate panel, I created my "shape" for the sketch by using a square die to emboss a smaller square on the card base, then masked off outside of it to add a bit ink blending in blue for the sky and gray for the ground.  Next, the puddle, splashes and cloud behind the sun were glued directly to the card front, then I used thin foam squares to pop up the remaining images and the sentiment.  The last touch was to add three raindrop clear enamel stickers from the Spring Enamel Stickers from Hero Arts.


Thanks for taking time to stop by!  Have a great week and take care.

Stef


Copic markers:  B02, 00, 000, V05, 01, 000, RV23, 21, 10, 00, YR24, 16, Y08, 04, 02, T2, 0, E29, 37, 33, 31, 11, 21, 00, 000, R20

9 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is adorable Stef and colored so sweetly! So happy to see you in the JUGs gallery!

Nancy said...

Stef, You certainly make your stamps come to life with your coloring skills! This is as darling as can be. So happy to see you in the gallery at Just Us Girls for CAS Week! Take care and I hope the snow stops soon.

Fran Wing said...

Hey, Steff, I really like this technique you employed on your card - the blind embossed square plus masking and blending. It's very effective and the coloring is great! Thanks for sharing it with us at The Paper Players.
Xoxo, Fran

Jaydee said...

Stef, another beautifully colored image! Your little scene just makes me smile. So glad you shared this beauty with us at The Paper Players this week
Jaydee

Carol said...

You need to give coloring lessons workshops! This is adorable and beautifully colored...and the square you embossed is genius! So glad you joined us at JUGS this week!

LeAnne said...

Oh, Stef, you are the QUEEN of coloring! You've created such an adorable little spring scene! I love how you created the "layer" with your shading! Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at the Players this week! We always love seeing you in the gallery!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is absolutely adorable and your coloring is beyond amazing! Thanks for playing along with us at JUGS!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

You are indeed the queen of colouring Stef - and if I am ever in your part of the world I am definitely popping by for a few lessons lol! What an adorable little scene - sooo cute! Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

Claire Broadwater said...

Stef, you know I am a huge fan of the PI girls. This card is so fun and makes me smile! SO happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week!