Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Say Cheese for Color Hues

Hello friends!  A new month and a new challenge at Color Hues, and this time the fabulous Carol has given us timely combination of green and gold!  I can hardly wait to see what you do with this color duo!


I shopped my stash and came up with a never used die set, so I'm joining Darnell's NBUS (Never Before Used Schtuff) Challenge as well.


The die set is from Spellbinders' Large Die of the Month Club for April 2022 called Say Cheese.  It was sooo fun to put together, I don't know why I waited so long!


So cute, right?  Seriously, this reminds me of one of the very old cameras my Dad had, and he had a number of them, both for work and for personal use.  If you look up 1950's Brownie camera on the internet, this is a near perfect match.  

All the pieces/parts were die cut from four shades of green (Concord and 9th Evergreen, Parsley, Sprout and Clover) along with Simon Says Stamp Matte Gold and Hammermill white cardstock.  It took me a while to figure out what all the pieces were for, but Spellbinders had great examples on their website, so I finally put it together.  


The die set also comes with a large "flash" unit that could be attached at the top, but I decided not to use it so my card could remain A2 sized.  The background was created with gold foil using the Waffle Flower Sunburst Foil Plate, trimmed down and added to Parsley panel that was adhered to the white cardbased.  I added the camera with foam tape than tucked in all the stems and flowers, plus added three small flowers to the front to finish things off.


Please be sure to pop over to the challenge (linked above) to see all the amazing cards by the other DT members and I certainly hope to see YOUR card in the gallery!  You have until 9 am on Tuesday, March 14th.

Take care!

Stef

12 comments:

Julie B said...

What a fab take on the colours Stef, love your flowery box brownie! :)

Lisa Elton said...

I love every perfect little detail you added to this darling card!

Nancy said...

Stef, This is so fun and totally unexpected with this color combo. Sounds like you were reminiscing about your dad as you were putting this fabulous card together. Why did you wait so long to use it? LOL AWESOME job!

JulieP said...

My mom had a Brownie camera and it was our only camera right up until I was in high school. I got made fun of alot when taking photos (in a good way) and sure wish we'd kept it. I am in love with your paper piecing and design!

Makira said...

πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—this!! I saw this at the NBUS Challenge and came by for a closer look. I would love you to come and play with us at the Colorful Options Challenge; green is our color of the month. I hope you'll join the fun! Have a creative week. Join with #colorfuloptionschallenge or at https://colorfuloptions.blogspot.com/ Cheers, Makira

Darnell said...

This brings back memories, Stef! Your camera looks amazing in green and gold with the fun gold SMILE sediment. And I love the background and the flowers you added! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Marcia Hill said...

I do the same thing Stef with waiting so long to use a stamp or die and then after having so much fun finally playing with it, I wonder why I waited sooooo long!! But anyway, this card turned out beautifully and it's like the dies were made for this color combination...I really do LOVE it!! Hugs. :0)

Cindy Beach said...

WOW, you rocked it Stef! Those greens from Concord and 9th are gorgeous and the white flowers are a great addition to add brightness. Such a fun and fabulous design. I love it!

Karen said...

I have a small collection of antique cameras, and I'm surprised that I somehow missed this Spellbinder die. It's fabulous in green and those florals are such a great addition! The foiled Sunburst die is the perfect background.

cm said...

Talk about a creative, fun take on the colours! Smitten with your camera; crushing over the pretty flowers and rays surrounding it. Definitely makes me smile!
~carol

Carol L said...

That's a great die set and a wonderful blast from the past! From those golden sunburst rays to that great camera, and those pretty flowers and stems, this is such a fun card and a reminder to always smile! Way to rock those color hues!

Tracey McNeely said...

Sorry to be so late to visit you Stef, but getting here is wow! I love your fun camera, so perfect for the colours!!