Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Dogwood Blooms

Hello friends!  Today I'm playing along with Ann's Spring-themed CAS challenge at The Paper Players, along with Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, where they both have the theme of Spring and/or Easter.


One of my favorite flowers in Spring is from the Dogwood tree. There are different patterns to the petals depending on the tree, but most that I've seen are either pink or white.  I did a simple watercolor version for my card today.


I used the beautiful Big and Bold Dogwood stamp from Colorado Craft Company, and as it's name implies, it's a big stamp.  Using a Misti, I stamped a portion of it onto Distress Watercolor Paper with Versamark ink, then heat embossed it in white.  I used several Distress Watercolor Pencils (listed below) to do a simple water coloring adding a very pale aqua around the outside for better definition of the image.


When the panel was dry, it was cut down with a Hero Arts Rounded Rectangle die, then adhered to a white card front.  The die cut sentiment is from the Honey Bee Stamps Birthday Wishes set.  It was stamped in Versamark Clair Nocturne pigment ink, then die cut 3 times and layered together for a bit of dimension, since the main image was adhered flat.  Lastly, a few pink pearls were added around the sentiment.


I'm so happy for spring, although we aren't anywhere near springtime temperatures - even my Crocus have not popped up yet!  But it will be here soon and that's something to look forward to.

Thanks for taking time to stop by.  Take care!

Stef


Distress Watercolor pencils - Kitsch Flamingo, Picked Raspberry, Twisted Citron, Rustic Wilderness, Fossilized Amber, Crushed Olive and Salvaged Patina.

4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

What a beautiful CAS card, Stef! I love Dogwood too There's are a couple of beautiful trees in our neighborhood that I would love to transport to my yard!

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Stef! As always, your coloring is fabulous. I love the pearl accents. Dogwoods are among my favorites. Like Lisa, we have three in my block, and they are a delight to behold. Thank you for playing in my challenge at The Paper Players this week!

Makira said...

๐Ÿ’œ๐ŸŒธ๐Ÿ’œthis!! I saw this on SSS Monday Challenge and came by for a closer look. I host a new challenge, Park Hopping My Happy Place Challenge. It is anything goes inspired by a theme park. Your card reminds me of Epcot’s Flower and Garden Festival, Disneyworld, FL, I’d love you to share this on Park Hopping My Happy Place. I hope you'll join the fun! Have a creative weekend. Join at https://parkhoppingmyhappyplace.com/ . Cheers, Makira

Jaydee said...

Beautifully colored, as always, Stef. The soft pinks and greens are just gorgeous. So glad you shared this beauty with us at The Paper Players