Saturday, March 4, 2023

Thank You for The Flower Challenge

Hello and welcome!  It's time for a new challenge at The Flower Challenge and this month the theme is to use die cuts and/or stencils, so pull out your favorite dies or stencils (of flowers, of course!) and share with us this month!


For my card I did a little stenciling and quite a bit of die cutting.


I started by stamping the sweet Pinkfresh Studio Inky Bouquet in Memento Tuxedo Black, then colored the flowers and leaves with Copic markers.  Next I used one of the 6 layering stencils and colored the vase with Simon Says Stamp Surf and Seafoam inks.  I have really been on a kick with peach and aqua, but I'm lovin' it!  When the ink was dry, I put the image back in my Misti where I'd left my stamp in place, restamped with Versamark ink and gold heat embossed both the floral image and the sentiment.


After using the companion dies to cut out the floral vase and sentiment, I went to work on the background.  This time I used the Ring Panel cover die from Waffleflower, die cut from white cardstock and layered it directly on the white cardbase.  Next I used the companion dies to cut additional layers for the vase and the sentiment, adhered them together, then added them to the card front and I was done!


Thanks so much for stopping by.  Be sure to do the same with the challenge to check out the absolutely gorgeous cards by the other DT members and hopefully join us this month!

Take care!

Stef



3 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

All of your die cutting and that little bit of stenciling add up to one beautiful card!

Bobby said...

I love the shine and softness the gold embossing gives your images, Stef. Lots of wonderful dimension on your card too.

TaeEun said...

The combination of Peach(coral) and aqua(teal) is one of my favorites! The Inky Bouquet looks pretty on the white-on-white background!!!