Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Special in Every Way for The Flower Challenge

Hello friends!  I'm back with my reminder card for The Flower Challenge.  This month the theme is die cuts and/or stencils with flowers as the primary images and the challenge is open until Saturday 3/25.



My card today uses a floral stamp from a new-to-me company - Alex Syberia Designs.  I was familiar with her from the past as a designer and illustrator, plus I believe she sold digital images, but now she has her own line of stamps and dies, and they do not disappoint!  All products on my card are from this company.


This stamp set is called Life is Good and the sentiment is also from the same set.  As usual, I stamped and colored the image with Copic and Sketchmarker Brush Pro markers.  I was really in the mood for some vibrant colors when I sat down to make this card, so I used some different marker combos to brighten things up.  When the coloring was complete, the image was die cut with the coordinating die.  The sentiment was white heat embossed on black and also die cut with a coordinating die.


Next - more die cutting.  I used the Classic Foliage die set to cut out leafy branches from Lawn Fawn Pearlescent vellum. Next, a panel of white was die cut with the Modern Stripes Cover die, then adhered to the white card base.  The foliage was arranged to stick out from behind the main floral image, then everything was adhered directly to the card front.  Lastly the sentiment was added with some thin foam squares.


I think most of us do have stencils and/or dies, so I do hope to see your card in the gallery!  In the meantime, the link above will take you to the reminder post so you can see the absolutely gorgeous card by my talented teammates!

Thanks for visiting and take care!

Stef


Copics:  YG67, 09, 05, 01, YR24, 23, Y08, 04, 02, BG15, 23, 10, RV69, 00

Sketchmarker Brush Pro markers:  V111, 114

4 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Stef, your incredible Copic coloring skills really shine with this beautiful floral from Alex!
I'm thrilled to report that my first purchase is on its way to me now!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

Wow, Stef, this is incredible and beautifully colored!

Bobby said...

You really did brighten things up with your fabulous Copic coloring, Stef. I love it all on the white die cut background.

Aileen said...

Stef, your colouring as always is just so beautiful to look at. This flower card looks amazing, I love the colours you used xx Aileen