Monday, March 30, 2020

Easter Parade

Hello friends!  It's time for a new Color Challenge at Splitcoaststampers!  Barbara is hosting and has chosen Bermuda Bay, Flirty Flamingo and Pineapple Punch with a dessert option of spring or Easter.  I was in need of a few more Easter cards, so that's the direction I went.  I used the darling Bundle Girl with Chocolate Bunny stamp, coloring it up with Copic markers similar to challenge colors plus those similar Stampin' Up neutrals Mossy Meadow and Early Espresso. I also used this stamp for my Paper Players design team card last week, with a different layout and colors. Here's a link to that card.


After stamping the image in Copic friendly ink, the first step was to create the background sky, using the lightest blue green marker.  Next I colored up the image with my Copics.  I gave her bright yellow boots, because that grass might be wet (!) and thought it went well with her cute blue green outfit.


For the grass I used a light green to color in the entire base, then flicked darker greens over the top.  When the coloring was complete the panel was trimmed down to fit within the scallop panel stitching and a white gel pen added polka dots to her little bonnet.  Flirty Flamingo card stock was used for the base, which was stamped in white pigment ink with a floral background stamp.  After that dried, the main image was added using fun foam for some nice dimension, as was the sentiment.


Thanks so much for visiting, I truly appreciate it!  I hope you and your families remain safe and healthy, and if your time and mojo allows, it would be wonderful if you could join us for the Color Challenge this week!

Stef


Stamps:  Bundle Girl with Chocolate Bunny (Stamping Bella), Modern Rose background (Simon Says Stamp), Crazy Talk (Tim Holtz)
Paper:  Flirty Flamingo, Neenah Solar White
Ink:  Gina K Obsidian Amalgam, Versafine Clair Nocturne (sentiment), Hero Arts Unicorn White
Other:  Scallop A2 Rectangle die, Sakura White Gelly Roll pen
Copics:  Y08, 04, 000, RV43, 32, 20, 000, BG49, 13, 32, 11, 10, 000, G99, 94, 82, YG97

3 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Adorable Stef - I just love this image of the little girl pulling the huge chocolate bunny!

Cindy Beach said...

Wow, Stef! This is a masterpiece! I love this adorable image and the beautiful details you added. Your coloring is amazing!

Cindy Beach said...

Just popping back to say - that grass looks so REAL I thought it was paper! Amazing!