Sunday, March 15, 2020

Field of Tulips for The Paper Players!

Hello friends!  Time for a new challenge at The Paper Players!  This week the lovely Joanne is our host with a CAS challenge I am loving!


I'm also joining the current "Use Some Green" challenge at the SSS Wednesday Challenge and the photo inspiration challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More.




For my card I decided to use one of my favorite tulip stamps, taking my color cues and field design from two photos of tulips and the light blue/aqua sky photo in the inspiration piece.


The tulips were stamped across the bottom of a panel of white card with Copic friendly ink.  I started by coloring in the sky with a couple of light blue-green markers and putting in some duller light greens behind the tulips to give the effect of a field, using brighter yellow-greens for the flower stems and petals.  For the flower color, I used a medium fuchsia color, one of my favorites.  After the coloring was complete, the panel was trimmed down to 4 x 5.25" and die cut with the frame die, which was also used to cut the white frame insert.


After adhering the frames and the center piece onto the white card base, I used the sentiment from another stamp set that fit perfectly in one of the smaller scallop rectangles from an A2 scallop die set.  Since the remainder of the card was adhered directly to the card base, I thought giving the sentiment some dimension would provide some additional interest.  Of course, the final touches were painting the tulips with a shimmer pen and then adding just a few jewels, because there should always be a bit of sparkle, IMHO!!


I'm so glad you took the time to visit and I do hope you'll join us at The Paper Players this week for Joanne's wonderful challenge!

Stef


Stamps:  Tulip Queue (Penny Black), Sketch Tulip Bouquet (sentiment, SSS)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White
Ink:  Gina K Obsidian Amalgam, Versafine Clair Nocturne (sentiment)
Other:  A2 Frames die (SSS), Scallop A2 rectangle die (Honey Bee), Bridal Mix jewels (Lucy's Little Things), Tonic Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Pen
Copics:  G46, 21, 20, YG67, 17, 13, RV17, 55, 52, BG000, 0000

10 comments:

laurie said...

Gorgeous!! Those tulips ate stunning!

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely striking, Stef! I love the layering, and the background you created. Plus, you have added just the perfect amount of bling! It's a CAS WOW card for sure!!!

Stamps-N-Lingers said...

Wow! You are coloring genius, Stef! The addition of the light green behind the grasses is just....amazing! I love your design so much. Okay - I really just love everything about this card!! :)

LeAnne said...

These are gorgeous, Stef....stunningly done! Beautiful background and sentiment too! Can't wait to see my tulips bloom this spring but meanwhile, I'll just look at yours!

Allisa said...

Your field of tulips is absolutely gorgeous! Your framed panel totally sets them off. Great card!

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

OMG! Those are gorgeous. Love the flowers and colors, and beautiful frames. So lovely. Thank you for sharing your card with us at ATSM!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Stef, this is stunning! Your coloring is beautiful and I love the vibrant color. Just WOW!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Stef this card is STUNNING - so, so pretty! Beautifully coloured and I love the way the tulips extend across the front with the frame detail. I am in awe - just fabulous!

Jaydee said...

Stef, gorgeous coloring. I love the way you cut out the middle and framed it. Reminds me of all of those wonderful photos of Dutch tulip farms I used to stare at for hours as a child. Stunning.
hugs
jaydee

Claire Broadwater said...

Stef, this is sooooo beautiful! I love tulips. My favorite type of flowers---they always reminds me that Spring has arrived. Your coloring is so beautiful! I love the gorgeous blue sky and the way the tulips extend outside of the frae! Just WOW! Stay safe and healthy, My Friend!