Monday, March 9, 2020

Paper Hug

Hi there and welcome back!  It's time for a new Color Challenge at Splitcoaststampers!  Jeanne is hosting this week and has chosen Daffodil Delight, Calypso Coral and Seaside Spray with a dessert option to use washi tape.  No dessert for me this week, as I don't have much washi tape and what I have wouldn't match these colors.  I'm also joining the current Ways To Use It challenge at SCS, where the theme is to make a sympathy card.  Both challenges can be located by using the link above to the SCS main page.

In addition, I'm joining the lovely crew at Just Us Girls, where it is Word Week with the theme "Heal".  The sentiment I used on my card could be used for either encouragement or for sympathy.


I decided to use one of Suzy's Watercolor Prints that came with the Simon Says Stamp March card kit for my card.  While it comes on watercolor paper, you can use any number of mediums and no surprise, I used Copic markers.  I chose marker colors that were close to the Color Challenge colors although in the end I think my flowers turned out a bit on the red side rather than a true coral color.


I first colored the background with a blue marker then used colorless blender on a textured rag and sponged it on the blue to break up the background and add a little texture.  I colored the flower center and the stem (in a color similar to Mossy Meadow, a SU neutral), leaving the flower petals to the last so I didn't drag the coral into the lighter colors when coloring them.


After the coloring was complete, I trimmed the panel down and added it to a slightly larger piece of black card, and adhere it to the white card base.  I used two sizes of Sentiment Label dies to mount the sentiment which was then added to the card with foam tape.  The final touch was a few sparkling sequins.


Thanks so much for visiting and commenting, I really appreciate it!  Have a great week!


Stef


Stamps and Ink:  None
Paper:  Suzy's Watercolor Prints and Sentiment Strips 2 (Simon Says Stamp), Neenah Solar White, Black
Other:  Sentiment Strips Label dies (SSS), Sparkling Clear Sequins (Pretty Pink Posh)
Copics:  B91, G99, 94, 82, YR23, Y08, 06, 11, R59, 27, 24, 22 20

4 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

You know Stef, I feel I could reach out and pick one of those flowers, they look so fresh! Vicky x

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Those flowers are absolutely amazing! They look so realistic with your beautiful coloring. That sentiment is so heartfelt and perfect on this beauty. Thanks for playing along with us at JUGS!

Ina G said...

I agree with the girls above those flowers look soooooooooo real. beautifully coloured Stef. Your blue washedd background is also stunning. Thanks so much for sharing this beautiful card with us this week at Just Us Girls.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Gorgeous Stef - those fowers are so realistic, but today I am in awe of the sky - and coloured with Copics, amazing! I love that textured effect. You really are so clever!