Monday, March 23, 2020

Mondo Wildflowers

Welcome back, friends!  It's time for a new Color Challenge at Splitcoaststampers!  I'm the host this week and have chosen Melon Mambo, Grapefruit Grove and Blushing Bride with a dessert challenge of flowers, because, well, I love to color flowers, and it's Spring, and hopefully it will bring some cheer to your day!  You may also use any of the Stampin' Up neutrals.  I've used colors similar to Mossy Meadow and Crumb Cake this week.


For my card, I used a new-to-me stamp called Mondo Wildflowers from Ellen Hutson.  It is a dream to color these pretty images.


The flowers were stamped on white card with Copic friendly ink and colored up using colors similar to those for the challenge.  To help the flowers look a bit grounded, I used the lightest peachy pink marker and went around the edge of the entire bouquet, then added white gel pen to the ends of the stamen.


I decided to frame up the floral image, so I used a butterfly embossing folder on an A2 sized panel of white card, then die cut a large oval from the center.  I trimmed down the colored piece and then added the frame with foam tape.  After adhering to the white card base, I painted the flowers with a shimmer pen plus added a few jewels for lots of sparkle.  I opted to wait to add a sentiment until I send the card.



Thanks so much for visiting, I really appreciate it!  I hope you'll be able to join us for the Color Challenge this week!

Please take care and stay safe & healthy my friends!

Stef


Stamps:  Mondo Wildflowers
Paper:  Neenah Solar White
Ink:  Gina K Obsidian Amalgam
Other:  Oval Collection framelit (ret. SU), Fluttering embossing folder (ret. SU), Tonic Nuvo Shimmer pen, Bridal Mix Jewels (Lucy's Cards Little Things), Sakura White Gelly Roll pen
Copics:  RV09, 06, 02, R32, 20, 30, 00, 000, YR68, 01, E33, 31, 29, 27, 23, G99, 94, 82

2 comments:

Nora Noll said...

This is stunning!! I love the rich pinks you used on the flowers!!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

So pretty Stef - I love the embossed front piece, it frames your blooms beautifully.