Sunday, April 5, 2020

Monkey Business for The Paper Players!

Hello and welcome back!  I hope this day finds you and your families continuing to stay safe and healthy.

It's Sunday, which means it's time for a new challenge at The Paper Players!  This week is a Theme Challenge and the fabulous LeAnne has chosen A Day at the Zoo.  Come play along with us and show us your Zoo critter!


For my card I used one of the stamps from Picture Perfect.  I mean, this stamp set is way off the cuteness charts and these silly brothers look like they're up to a lot of crazy monkey business taking selfies!


First step was to color up the "photo" with Copic markers, then I cut out around the edges of the stamped image and layered on Polaroid frame with the fun sentiment.  I also put another piece of card stock underneath to give it more stability.


Next up was figuring out the card base.  I had a leafy frame die that I wanted to use but the aperture wasn't bit enough for the photo frame.  Then I remembered I had a leafy frame stencil!  Yah!  The panel is Lemon Lime Twist and Mowed Lawn Distress Ink was used to stencil on the leaf images. Both layers were popped up on foam tape and added to the white card base.  Easy peasy card!


Thanks for visiting, I always appreciate it so much!  I've added a link to the challenge above so be sure to head over there and check out the other DT cards, and hopefully join us this week!

Stef


Stamps:  Picture Perfect (MFT)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Lemon Lime Twist (SU)
Ink:  Gina K Obsidian Amalgam, Versafine Clair Nocturne (sentiment), Mowed Lawn DI
Other:  Polaroid Shaker Frame (MFT), Leave Frame Stencil (Simon Says Stamp)
Copics:  YG67, 17, 13, E29, 37, 31, 30, 11, BV000, T2, 0

9 comments:

laurie said...

This is ADORABLE!! love it!

Nora Noll said...

This is so cute!! I LOVE that stenciled background!! Your coloring of the monkeys are PERFECTION!!!

Stamps-N-Lingers said...

Oh. My. Goodness!! Monkey business, indeed! Monkeys taking selfies - SO cute!! Love this card, Stef! :)

LeAnne said...

ACK! You can't get any cuter than this! Your coloring and background are AMAZING!!! These little monkeys crack me up!

Allisa said...

Super cute, gorgeous background!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Could this monkey business be any more entertaining?! Such fun, love the polaroid pair Stef and that leafy stencilled background is AWESOME! No zoo is complete without a monkey (or two)!

Claire Broadwater said...

Stef, I just LOVE this fun card! I love that little polaroid pair! Your coloring is amazing and the stenciled background is just perfect! You certainly rocked this challenge, My Friend!

Jaydee said...

Stef, I am absolutely in love with this card - the background and how you shaded it is FABULOUS and that monkey business going on..... AWESOME! I think I need this set now :-)
Hugs
Jaydee

Anne Marie Hile said...

Stef, everything about this card just makes me happy! Love the bright and cheery colors...but those monkeys just steal the show. This is just such a fun card, all around!