Sunday, March 8, 2020

Friend for The Paper Players!

It's time for a new challenge at The Paper Players!  This week it's a color challenge and the lovely Laurie is our host.


I'm also joining the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where the theme is to make something feminine.  I think my card has enough sparkle and sequins to fall into that category LOL!


Isn't that a yummy color combo?  I decided to use Distress Inks to watercolor a background, then layer with die cut leaves and the sentiment.  I taped a large panel of watercolor paper to a hardboard, spread clean water over the entire piece, then added Cracked Pistachio, Peacock Feathers and Evergreen Bough to get an ombre effect from dark at the top and lighter at the bottom.



When the panel dried I splattered it with some of the leftover ink along with some gorgeous pearl metallic acrylic paint, and then sprayed it with a shimmer spray.  Next I die cut one leaf cluster from white card and the other from vellum.


When the panel dried, I trimmed it down and adhered the leaf die cuts.  Since they are very large, and I was loathe to cut them, I ended up layering the panel on a 5x7 white card base.  I hadn't really thought through how I was going to add the coral color to my card and settled on a Calypso Coral shadow die behind the white sentiment, which really makes it pop.


With the sentiment adhered, the last step was to add a few sparkling clear sequins.


Thanks so much for your visit and I hope you'll use the link above to check out the fabulous creations by the rest of the Design Team, and also join us for this great challenge!

Stef



Stamps: None
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Tim Holtz watercolor, Calypso Coral, Grafix Platinum vellum
Ink:  Cracked Pistachio, Peacock Feathers and Evergreen Bough Distress
Other:  Big Friend sentiment die, Leaf Cluster die, Detailed Leaf Cluster die, Pearl Metallic Acrylic paint (Ranger), Sparkle Sheer Shimmer Spray (Tsukineko), Sparkling Clear sequins (Pretty Pink Posh)


9 comments:

Jaydee said...

Stef, this is gorgeous. Those wonderful vellum leaves and the use of white soften the colors beautifully. Just gorgeous
hugs
jaydee

Nora Noll said...

This is so pretty!! i LOVE the way you used the colors on this card!!

LeAnne said...

Just gorgeous! Your watercolored background is beautiful with the leaves, but the layered sentiment really makes this card a stunner!

Vicky Hayes said...

The background is stunning Stef and makes a perfect resting place for those gorgeous leaves. That coral shadow on the sentiment makes a wonderful pop of colour too! Vicky x

Stamps-N-Lingers said...

I LOVE this card, Steph- those leaves are just gorgeous!! Love the use of the Vellum leaves with the delicate top leaves. Perfectly designed! :)

laurie said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this card!! I wish I could choose it for the headliner...lol!!!

Cindy Beach said...

WOW! What a fabulous card, Stef! Love your uses of these colors. The blues with the vellum and sequins are a great combo.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Stef this card is absolutely stunning! That gorgeous background watercolour panel, those leaves and the coral that makes that diecut sentiment pop - so much to love, and sparkly sequins too. Way to go with this week's colours!!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Love the vellum accents and the sparkly detail! Absolutely fabulous!