Monday, March 16, 2020

Birthday Bloom

Hello friends!  I hope you're able to cope with our crazy world right now.  I know things are difficult so I hope taking a look at my card for the new Color Challenge at Splitcoaststampers offers a moment of respite.  Karen is hosting this week and has chosen the soft combination of Purple Posey, Highland Heather, Balmy Blue and Soft Seafoam, with a dessert option to use polka dots.  I've used the sketch from the current SCS Sketch Challenge as well.  Both challenges can be located on the SCS front page using the link above.


These colors worked well for coloring flowers which, if you follow me you know I love, and I decided to use one of the stamps from the Stronger Together stamp set.  I stamped it in Copic friendly ink on Ivory card and colored it with Copics similar to the challenge colors.  I added a touch of blue to the tips of all the flowers and was so pleased at how well it blended with the light purple.


With the coloring complete, the sentiment was added, then the panel was trimmed down and adhered to a Balmy Blue scallop rectangle.


The card base was made with Purple Posey card stock, then I added a vellum banner that was embossed with a polka dot embossing folder.  The main image was adhered on top of the vellum banner with fun foam for a bit of dimension, with the final touch a few sparkly jewels.


I'm so happy you visited and hope you'll use the link above to check out both challenges!

Stef


Stamps:  Stronger Together (SSS), Mini Everyday Messages (Mama Elephant)
Paper:  Purple Posey, Balmy Blue, Ivory (SSS), Grafix Platinum Vellum
Ink:  Gina K Obsidian Amalgam, Versafine Clair Nocturne (sentiment)
Other:  Scallop A2 Rectangle die (Honey Bee), Polka Dot embossing folder (ret. SU), Bridal Mix jewels (Lucy's Cards Little Things)
Copics:  V17, 15, 01, 000, B000, G24, 21, 20

2 comments:

Nora Noll said...

This is GORGEOUS!!! I LOVE your color combination that you used!

Anita in France said...

Dreamy and so lovely, Steph ... fabulous framing ... and such gorgeous soft colouring! Anita :)