Sunday, August 25, 2024

Merry Christmas for The Paper Players

Hello friends!  It's time for a new challenge at The Paper Players and this time we have a sketch from the lovely Jaydee!  She is off this week, so I am filling in for her as hostess.  I hope you have fun with this one!


I am now feeling crunch time to start working on Christmas cards in earnest, and this sketch worked well with the image I wanted to use.


I used my new Pinkfresh Studio press plates to create the leaf and berry border as well as the senitment.  I used some cotton watercolor paper thinking I might try to use watercolor or colored pencils but on my trial piece I didn't like either, so I went to my go to Copic markers.  Because of the type of the paper, one must use a light hand when coloring or it will bleed.

I then die cut the sentiment and used partial die cutting so the die wouldn't cut the bottom edge of the border so I could have a larger panel to make sure the border was somewhat close to the middle.  On a separate panel of cardstock, I adhered the red glitter paper, then added the die cut panel, then adhered it all to an ivory card base.  My intention was to use the sketch as Jaydee created it, but when I started arranging the sentiment, I realized it looked so much better with the sketch flipped on its side.  A few green sparkly gems completed the card.


What are you inspired to create with this sketch?  We would love to see your card in the gallery this week!  Before you head off to your craftroom, please be sure to visit the challenge blog where my talented teammates have some more inspiration on how to use this sketch.  The challenge will remain open until 3 pm EDT on Friday 8/30.

Thanks for visiting and take care!

Stef

  • Pinkfresh Studio Magical Holiday Pressplates and Dies
  • Spellbinders Betterpress Cotton card panel
  • Altenew Brilliant Red Glitter cardstock
  • Picket Fence Studios Candy Lane Gem Mix

5 comments:

Claire Broadwater said...

Stef, I just love how you flipped the sketch to create this gorgeous Christmas card. Love the gorgeous border and all the red glitter. Just perfect! Have a great week!

Ann Schach said...

One word, Stef...WOW! You won my heart with the red glitter paper and sealed the deal with the gorgeous border. I can't think of one person who would not LOVE to receive this Christmas card!!! Have a wonderful week!

Lisa Elton said...

That border is fabulous and the sparkly background sets it off beautifully! Pretty card, Stef!

Jan Clothier said...

I LOVE this, Stef! I wish I'd thought to rotate the sketch - somehow it feels just right that way. I think the contrast of glittery red and plainer bottom make a dramatic backdrop for your gorgeous cluster. It's just a perfect Christmas card!

ElizStewart said...

Stef... so you jumped into press plates. If this is your first output, it is well worth the money. This card is gorgeous! what a border and beautiful set against the red glitter cardstock. Congrats!