Friday, August 16, 2024

Summertime Silhouette for Color Hues

Hello friends!  We have a new, beautiful color combination for your inspiration at Color Hues.  This time the amazing Tracey has chosen something I think is perfect for summer, yellow and orange.

To me, these colors say either a beautiful summer sunrise or sunset, although fruit would be an equally good choice.  But I chose I sky scene.


I used an older Simon Says Stamp/CZ Design stamp set with these gorgeous colors to create a little summery scene.  Starting with the silhouette image, it was stamped with black pigment ink on a panel of Koh-I-Noor Bristol paper, then I ink blended a few Distress inks to create the background.  I put the paper back in my Misti and stamped a second time to darken the silhouette.

Because the stamp is narrow, a mini slimline seemed most appropriate, so the panel was trimmed down.  It was at this point that I decided to add some new Distress Spritz sprays in Spiced Marmalade and Fossilized Amber.  I add some light spray and also did a bit of splattering then set it aside to dry.  The sentiment from the same stamp set was white heat embossed on black and die cut along with two butterfly dies, also from the same set. The dried panel was added to the black card base, then the sentiment and butterflies were adhered with some foam tape.  To complete the look, three tiny gems were added to each butterfly.  My only regret is not restamping the silhouette image after the spray dried, but I tell you, in real life all the shimmer and sparkle don't really diminish the silhouette like the photo does.


This is such a great color combo, I hope you're inspired to create along with us!  I know you'll love to see what my very talented teammates have created, so head over to the challenge blog before heading to your craft room!  The challenge will remain open until 9 a.m. Thursday August 29th.

Thanks for visiting.  Take care!

Stef
  • Simon Says Stamp Silhouette Sentiments Stamps and Dies
  • Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade and Wild Honey Distress inks
  • Spiced Marmalade and Fossilized Amber Distress Spritz sprays
  • Spellbinders Aura Color Essential Gems

11 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Your silhouettes look fantastic on that amazing background! Wonderful card, Stef!

Cindy Beach said...

Such a fabulous background for those lovely silhouettes, Stef! I LOVE this one!

Nancy said...

A silhouette card was such a great idea with this color combo, Stef, and yours is really lovely. Love the tiny butterflies too.

Julie B said...

Fab blending Stef and what a great idea to use the silhouetted foliage too. :)

Marcia Hill said...

I absolutely adore ink blending with silhouette stamping and this card shows off that technique BEAUTIFULLY Stef!! Your ink blending is so pretty and your silhouette stands out perfectly! I bet the shine and sparkle in real life is AMAZING! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Karen said...

Your ink blending is perfection, and the silhouette is so pretty! The butterflies are a wonderful finishing touch!

Tracey McNeely said...

Stef your ink blended background is beautifully smooth and the silhouette stamping is perfection. Thanks for making these colours shine!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Gorgeous!!! Love the contrast -it is Like -POW- Gorgeous!!!!!

Greta said...

I love silhouettes and you've used this one so beautifully! Really love your shimmery card!

cm said...

Steph, your seamless ink blending creates the perfect stage for your lovely silhouettes. Gorgeous...as in incredibly gorgeous!
hugs~carol

JulieP said...

This is stunning!!! There is just something about silhoutte designs that get me every time. Your blending is perfection, I might add.