Sunday, August 18, 2024

Cheers for The Paper Players

Hello friends!  Today we have a fun new challenge at The Paper Players.  The amazing Claire is hosting our CAS challenge and is asking us to use fruit on our cards.

I decided to make a very vibrant card to share, which seemed fitting for summertime.


The glass and fruit were all foiled in gold using a pressplate, colored with Copic and Olo markers then die cut with the coordinating die.  The stamp set and pressplate create all the images at once and then there is only one die to cut it all out, which I love since it's all done in one pass.  

After I had all the elements colored, I ink blended the front of a white card base with super vibrant colors, then let that dry as I gold heat embossed the Cheers sentiment and stamped out the sub sentiment.  When I started to assemble the card, it just seemed to need a bit something more, so I added the foiled and die cut frame directly to the edge of the card, then added everything else.  Some things were adhered directly to the card front and some elevated with a bit of foam tape, but I made sure to leave lots of "white" space.  I love the bright colors and the festive, fruity elements!


Thanks for taking time to stop by and I hope that you'll join us this week!  My talented teammates have some amazing inspiration for you over on the challenge blog, so please be sure to stop by and take a look.

Take care!

Stef

  • Pinkfresh Studio Cheers Stamp, Dies and Pressplate
  • Pinkfresh Studio Decorate Frames Pressplate and Die
  • MFT Skinny Strips sentiment lable die
  • Simon Says Stamp Peony, Sherbet and Lemonad inks and Ultra Fine Gold embossing powder
  • Olo markers:  RV1.7, 1.5, 1.3, YG1.6, 1.4, 1.2, G1.5, 1.4, 0.1
  • Copic markers: Y26, 38, 08, 04, 00, R39, 37, 35, YR09, 16, B000, 0000

9 comments:

Claire Broadwater said...

Stef, you made me smile with this amazing card! The vibrant background is soooo beautiful. This drink looks so refreshing and your fruits just add so much detail. Your coloring is always so fabulous! I want to color with you! Thank you for making my challenge shine this week!

ElizStewart said...

Stef! WOW. Your ink blending is beautiful... and that itty bitty outside border is so fun! Your card just pops!

Ann Schach said...

Stef, you never cease to amaze me with your blended backgrounds. What a perfect backdrop for the fruit and glass of cold fruity drink! The layout really shows off the fruit. Another Stef Perry Masterpeice! Have a great week!

Lisa Elton said...

Your background is wonderful Stef and I love that fun loopy frame! Pretty card!

Jan Clothier said...

The combination of the beautifully blended sunset background and the fruity cocktail took me straight back to a Tahitian beach evening. Delightful!

baileyrosy.com said...

Such vibrant colours looks like a beautiful sunset and paired with that mouthwatering cocktail it's a perfect take on the theme and a fabulous r4elaxing scene. I can just imagine myself sitting on a beach happily sipping away.

Marie

LeAnne said...

Your blending and shading are amazing, but that yummy cocktail embellished with all that fruit has me wanting one myself! Delish!

Jaydee said...

Stef, fabulous blending - and I just love the assortment of fruit around the glass. Such wonderful colors, too
hugs
jaydee

Jolanda Johnstone said...

Lovely Ombre background. So perfect for the Summer Fruity cocktail, Stef! Lovely card. Cheers, Jolanda