Thursday, August 15, 2024

Sulfur Cosmos for The Flower Challenge

Hello friends!  I'm here with my mid-month reminder card for The Flower Challenge.  This month we are using the beautiful mood board colors, of which you need to use at least three with your floral card.

 
Last time I used the pink, coral and sage, so for this card I went with peach, sage and gray.


I fell in love with these Sulfur Cosmos blooms and stencils from Altenew.  Along with stencils to color the flowers, it also included the pattern in the background of my card, which I created using paste on a gray panel.  The flowers were stenciled with soft peach and sage inks, then die cut with the coordinating die.  I did fussy cut the space between the upper and lower flowers because I didn't care for the big section of white against the gray panel.  I also went in with a few Copic markers to enhance the shading and create more dimension.  

After adding the floral image to the gray panel, the overhanging parts were trimmed off then it was adhered directly to the front of a white cardbase.  The sentiment, also from the same stamp set, was stamped, die cut and added to the card front.  To complete things, I added three iridescent drops around the sentiment.


Thanks so much for stopping by.  I encourage you to use the link above to be inspired by the beautiful cards by my amazing teammates and hopefully join us!  There's still plenty of time; the challenge will remain open until Sunday, August 25th.

Take care!

Stef

  • Altenew Sulfur Cosmos Stamps, Stencils and Dies
  • Hero Arts White Pearl paste
  • Altenew Orange Sorbet, Pastel Sunrise, Canyon Clay, Peachy Glow, Golden Honeycomb, Silver Sage, Jade and Eucalyptus dye inks
  • Copic markers
  • Pinkfresh Studio Iridescent Clear Drops

 

3 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Love those pretty peach Cosmos! Fabulous card, Stef!

Marcia Hill said...

Another absolute beauty Stef!! Your Cosmos look fabulous in peach, and I love, LOVE the background that you stenciled with the paste...it really gives a lovely resting place for those beautiful flowers! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Bobby said...

I'm with you on those extra white spaces, Stef. Good job of cutting it out. I love all the extras - Copic shading and paste background. Beautiful card!