Sunday, August 4, 2024

Framed Hibiscus for The Flower Challenge

Hello friends! It's a new month and time for a new theme at The Flower Challenge.  For August, we have a color challenge (you must use at least 3 of the colors), and it is a beauty for all types of summer florals.

I'm still not over being enamored with embossing folders and this time I used the matching stencil set.


The embossed image is about 5" x 5" but I ended up trimming it down to fit an A2 sized card.  I used the stencil to color the large flowers in coral tones and the petite blooms in more of a peachy-pink color.  There are two types of leaves so they were colored with two sage-like ink families.  I used a brown for the hibiscus stamen and then added the white with a gel pen.

The embossed panel was matted on a slightly larger one in light peach, then added to an ivory card base using a few layers of scrap cardstock for a small amount of dimension.  It seemed to be missing something so I decided to add a frame cut from Brushed Rose cardstock.  At this point I was satisfied with the design and decided not to add a sentiment or embellishments, which I can include later when it is sent.


I hope these colors inspire you to join us this month and to further generate your creative juices, please visit the challenge blog and see how my wonderfully talented teammates used these colors!  The challenge will remain open until Sunday August 25th.

Thanks for visiting.  Take care!

Stef

  • Altenew Sun-Kissed Blooms 3D embossing folder and layering stencils
  • Simon Says Stamp A2 Nesting Frames
  • Altenew Brushed Rose cardstock
  • Concord and 9th Nectar cardstock
  • Altenew Fresh Dye inks in Blush, Rouge, Rhodolite, Silver Sage, Jade and Eucalyptus
  • Altenew Crisp Dye inks in Coral Bliss and Heart Beat
  • SSS inks in Aspen, Sage and Pine
  • Sakura White Gelly Roll pen


9 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Stef, this one is frame-worthy! Why I don't own this EF is beyond me... but it looks like it lives right where it should! GORGEOUS card!
=]

Karen said...

This card is simply stunning! I love that EF and once again, I'm adding another product to my wish list! The colors are gorgeous, and the final frame was an inspired design choice!

Lisa Elton said...

I agree with Michele, this needs to be framed! Beautifully done, Stef. This is a spectacular card!

Marcia Hill said...

I agree that it needs to be framed too Stef, and I also think this ef NEEDS to come live at my house! Your blending with the stencils is soooooo pretty and that extra frame on the top was a perfect addition to this lovely, lovely card!! Hugs. :0)

baileyrosy.com said...

Frame worthy indeed and definitely no sentiment needed ,most times I leave them off . This really is a spectacular card.

Marie

Nancy said...

This is just another sensational and beautiful card, Stef! My oh my are you talented!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is breathtaking, Stef. I'm on the "you need to frame it" train. It is so beautifully done.

Tracey McNeely said...

Oh my goodness this is stunning! I love the beautiful flowers!

Bobby said...

Your stencil coloring is amazing, Stef. What an absolutely gorgeous card!