Thursday, August 15, 2024

So Sweet for Time Out Challenges

Hello friends!  I'm so very pleased to be the Guest Designer at Time Out Challenges #270 for the next two weeks!  They have a wonderful photo to inspire in so many ways.


I was literally inspired by the berries and in retrospect, wish I had used a heart too.


Just prior to being asked to GD, I purchased the cute House-Mouse Berry Good stamp, so it was a perfect match.  The image (which is bigger than you see here - more on than in a minute) was stamped then colored with Copic and Olo markers. I had trimmed it down to a rectangle and was getting ready to put together my card when I dropped an ink pad on a portion of the colored image!  AAWWWKK.  I'd had a hold of the lid, thinking it was secure but nope, it wasn't.  So I went to Plan B.

I was inspired by a card on the Spellbinders website (where they now sell the House-Mouse products) that spotlighted a portion of the image in a circle, so that is what I did.  I had a white woodgrain panel already trimmed down with a rounded rectangle die, so I used a circle die to cut a hole then layered the colored panel beneath.  Here is where I wish I'd used a heart rather than a circle but, you know, hindsight.  Everything was added to a plum card base, then I decided to create a frame around the window and that really made things pop.  Last came the sentiment which is also from the same stamp set.


Thanks for taking time to stop by and I encourage you to check out the challenge, where the DT have fabulous cards to further inspire you plus there are prizes to be won if you play along!

Take care!

Stef

  • Spellbinders House-Mouse Designs stamp set
  • Hero Arts Infinity Circle and Rounded Rectangle dies
  • Copics:  Sky - B00, 000, 0000; Berries - RV69, 66, 55, 52; Basket - W5, 3, 1, 0; Mice - E37, 35, 33, 31, 30; Leaves - G29, 21, YG45
  • Olos - Grass - YG 1.6, 1.4, 1.2

5 comments:

Greta said...

Adorable card with wonderful coloring, Stef! I can definitely relate to needing a plan B as a smudge recently changed the design of one of my cards. Have to say, I love how your card ended up! I need to remember to add a frame to a circle window--big difference! Thanks for guest designing with us!

Carol said...

Congrats on your guest designer spot!!! This card is so well colored, as always with your work. Great colors and images too!

My Paper Epiphany said...

So cute and wonderful colouring! Thanks for being an inspiring Guest Designer!

Bobby said...

Oh my, Stef. You really brought those mice to life with your wonderful coloring and it was indeed the perfect stamp for the challenge. So happy to have you as our guest.

Kate said...

Your card is "so sweet" Stef! Your adorable images are beautifully coloured and great "feature" with the aperture and I must remember the second frame - it really does make the image pop! Thanks for joining us as out guest this fortnight! Hugs, Kate!