Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Christmas Sparkles for Color Hues

Hello friends!  It's time for a new challenge at Color Hues and this time Julie has chosen the beautiful combination of light blue and purple.  

I have to admit I went heavy on the purple, but that was more about matching inks with glitter paper than anything else.


The first step was to ink blend a panel of Tim Holtz White Heavystock with the two challenge colors.  I started with Distress Inks but it turned out too dark for what I was envisioning, so on a second panel I used Altenew inks for the blend and love how it turned out.  

Next came the die cutting.  The Simon Says Stamp Willow Snowflake die was cut from white glitter paper and the shadow from pearlescent vellum, then adhered to the panel.  The sentiment was cut from purple glitter paper then two of white for layering.  I have to say that this is an extremely dainty die cut and layering is not for the faint of heart lol! Or the impatient.  In retrospect, I now know why I don't use this die very often.  But I do love the script!


The remainder of the card was easy, matting the panel on a layer of the same purple glitter paper, then the card base.  In fact, this turned out rather simple in that there are not many components because it seemed all the sparkle was more than enough.  Let me know what you think - would you add bling?


What does this color combo say to you? I went with a holiday theme, but head on over to the challenge blog, where my amazingly talented teammates and our wonderful guest Linda have a variety of designs to inspire you.  The challenge is open until 9 am EST on Tuesday November 14th - hope to see your card in the gallery!

Take care!

Stef


Dies:  SSS Willow Snowflake and Flourished Merry Christmas
Ink:  Altenew Wisteria, Hydrangea and Sea Breeze
Paper:  TH Heavystock, Memory Box Purple Glitter, Neenah Solar White, Lawn Fawn Pearlescent, SSS White Glitter

9 comments:

Karen said...

I couldn't get Distress Inks to work for blending either with these colors and ended up using die inks as well. Your blending is beautiful, and the addition of the glitter paper was a fabulous idea!

Julie B said...

Your persistence with the glittery sentiment was worth it Stef, looks fab against the subtly glistening snowflake. It's not Christmas unless there's some glitter!! :)

Lisa Elton said...

Wowee , look at that sparkle! This is terrific, Stef!

Marcia Hill said...

Nope, perfect as is Stef! I'm loving all the sparkle on this card, and the ink blending is gorgeous!! Had to chuckle about the gluing of the sentiment not being for the faint of heart...have to whole-heartedly agree with that one! Never fails that my fat fingers get the glue everywhere but where I really need it! But anyway, lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Nancy said...

The blend is absolutely gorgeous, Stef! I can only imagine how sparkly this is in person. Have a great weekend and Friday!

Linda said...

Beautiful purple and blue blended background for your snowflake and sentiment. The touch of glitter paper is stunning. Thanks for having me as GD on Color Hues.

Tracey McNeely said...

Stephanie your card is so beautiful! Both blends are so lovely and the glitter sentiment--POP! Love the snowflake, the border and everything else!

JulieP said...

And how well matched it is!!! This is stunning.

Cindy Beach said...

Ooooh, I've never seen Pearlescent vellum , it adds so much to the gorgeous snowflake! I love the hues you chose and how they shimmer with the glimmer paper. A real masterpiece, Stef!