Monday, July 25, 2022

Enjoy

Hello friends!  I have a card to share that I made for the wonderful color combo at Color Hues.  I adore the combination of gray and peach.


I recently obtained the new Lovely Layers Magnolia dies from Honey Bee and thought they would work perfectly for with this color combo.  And yes, there are peach-colored magnolias (I had to look it up just to know lol!).


I began by die cutting all the flower petals and leaves, then coloring them by ink blending.  I also ink blended the centers in gray but I just didn't like it and since I planned to cut the sentiment from silver cardstock, I decided to do the same with the flower centers.  Once the ink was dried, it was a snap to layer the flowers.  


Next, I used the lightest and mid-tone peach colors and ink blended a panel of white, then splattered it along with the flowers and leaves with Silver Mica ink.  While that dried, I die cut the sentiment from Matte Silver and the Scallops Cover die from white cardstock.  I'd used an adhesive sheet on the back of the white panel to make my life much easier when adhering that delicate cover die to the ink blended panel.  Because it is A2 sized with a frame, I decided to layer it on a 5.75 x 4.50 inch panel, then add that to a white card base of the same size made using 12x12 inch paper white cardstock.  The larger size card also worked better for the large die cut flowers, which I adhered directly to the front panel, then added the sentiment below.


Thanks for visiting, I really appreciate it!  Take care and have a great week!

Stef


Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Basic White (Stampin' Up), Smoke and Matte Silver (both Simon Says Stamp)
Ink:  Peachy, Grapefruit, Mandarin, Flannel, Earl, Charcoal (SSS)
Other:  Lovely Layers Magnolia dies (Honey Bee), Fancy Enjoy die and Scallops Cover die (both Altenew), Silver Mica ink (Kuretake)

6 comments:

Nancy said...

OMG is exactly what I said when I saw this card, Stef! The silver centers really did it! You certainly are making these colors shine with this beauty! Thanks for playing along at Color Hues! Hugs!

Lisa Elton said...

Hello gorgeous! This is an incredible card, Stef. Everything flows together perfectly!

Kristie Goulet said...

WOW! This is stunning! So beautiful! Thank you for joining us at Color Hues!

Karen said...

Absolutely stunning!!! The florals are gorgeous and the coverplate is fabulous with them. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Julie B said...

This is so gorgeous! Love those luscious blooms against the trellis like background. So pleased you joined us at Color Hues. :)

Hannelie said...

A real showstopper Stef!
Thanks for joining us at Color Hues :)