Thursday, July 21, 2022

Birthday Bash Slimline

Hello friends!  The Paper Players are celebrating their 600th challenge!!  WOO HOO!  I was so honored to be a 2020 guest designer and create beside these amazing women so of course I had to play along with this challenge!  I recently made a birthday card for my granddaughter, and I hope it's sufficiently CAS! ;-)


I'm also joining the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, where the current theme is For A Child.


I love this color combination of bold pink, light green and aqua, along with a little gold.  I started by using a turnabout confetti stencil on the background.  It's sized at 6x6 inches, but it wasn't hard to move down the long panel.  When the stenciling was done the panel was die cut with a slimline stitched rectangle die.


After the stenciled panel was adhered to a white card base, I went to work on the cake and candles.  Using my Misti helped achieve good coverage while stamping the cake layers, which were then die cut along with the gold embossed candles.  The sentiment was die cut, the word Happy from white cardstock and the Birthday from matte gold.  It doesn't show up too well in the photos, but I did an ombre ink blending on the letters.  Once I had the layout as I wanted it, the candles were added with thin foam squares then the cake layers with thicker foam tape.  The sentiment was glued to a vellum die cut shadow then adhered below the cake.  The final touch was to use a gold gel pen to color in the loops on the cake.


I'm so glad you took time to visit.  Take care and have a great day!

Stef


Stamps:  Birthday Bash (Gina K Designs)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Matte Gold (SSS), Vellum
Ink:  Versamark; Bubblegum, Sweets, Taffy, Celery, Seafoam, Surf and Ocean (SSS)
Other:  Birthday Bash and Birthday Trio dies, Slim Lacy Layers die (Waffle Flower), Confetti Stencil (Concord & 9th)

3 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

What a fun card for your granddaughter, Stef! I love the polka dotty background!

Ann Schach said...

What a fun birthday card, Stef! These colors look amazing together. What a neat cake image, too! Your granddaughter will LOVE it! Oh my gosh...how time flies! It doesn't seem like it has been two years since you were one of our guest designers. Thank you for playing in our 600th challenge this week! Hugs!

Jennie Maier said...

Stef, your card is just darling! I love the stenciled background! And that big bold cake is so cute! Perfect card for our theme! Thanks for playing at The Paper Players this week!