Friday, July 15, 2022

Hello for The Flower Challenge

Hello and welcome!  It's mid-month and that means The Flower Challenge DT members have more inspiration for you.  

I decided to go with a mini-slimline size for my card.


The Seasonal Blooms stamp from Altenew is huge but it also works brilliantly for filling a corner of a smaller card.  I started by stamping the entire image, then trimming down the portion I wanted for my card front (roughly 2 7/8" x 5 7/8") then coloring with Copic markers.  I love the font for the sentiments in the stamp set and "hello" fit perfectly.  I used my Misti to ensure I didn't mess up the stamping after the time I'd spent coloring.


Two additional panels were trimmed down to just slightly smaller than the colored panel, then layered together for a bit of dimension and adhered to the white card base.  Lastly I added just three sequins for a tiny bit of embellishment and called it good.


I'm so glad you came by to visit!  I do hope you'll use the link above to see all the incredible CAS inspiration by the DT and hopefully join us - the challenge stays open through the 25th of the month, so there's still time.

Take care!

Stef


Stamps:  Seasonal Blooms (Altenew)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Clair Onyx (sentiment)
Other:  Sparkling Clear Sequins (Pretty Pink Posh)
Copics:  YR27, 24, Y15, 11, V09, 06, 04, 01, YG67, 45, 17, 03, G29, 24, 21, BG96, 93, B05, 02, 00, E59, 57, 55

3 comments:

Aileen said...

Using just part of the image, perfect. I have to try this and if course your amazing colouring, love it. Hugs Aileen

Lisa Elton said...

Love the big image on a slimline card, great idea! This is charming, Stef!

Bobby said...

I love that sunflower peeking from the corner, Stef. Beautiful job of coloring.