Thursday, July 7, 2022

Sunshiny Birthday for the Tic Tac Toe Challenge

Hello friends!  It's time for a new Tic Tac Toe Challenge and this week Carol has created this fabulous board that is absolutely perfect for summer-themed cards!  


I'm also joining the Anything Goes challenge at Seize the Birthday.



For my card, I used another older but new-to-me stamp set and hit both the row across the top (something round, outdoors, stencil) and the middle column (outdoors, blue, water).


Birdie Brown designs are always so cute and this one is no exception! The first step was to stencil the swimming pool on a panel of white.  I used an MFT stencil for the shape and topped it with a second stencil to get the sun reflection look.  I also used an Altenew artist marker to outline the pool before lifting the stencil.  Once that was done, the panel was die cut with a rectangle die.


Next the images were all stamped, colored with Copic markers (listed below) and cut out with the matching dies.  I used a panel of magenta cardstock to matte the white panel before adhering to a white card base.  The sentiment was white heat embossed on a scrap of the same paper then die cut with sentiment label die.  The fronds were glued directly to the panel, then the sentiment, bird and our charming little girl were all added with foam tape and squares.  Lastly, I used a white gel pen to add polka dots to her bandana.  I almost did it on the swimsuit too but decided that would be a little over the top.  Anyway, this is such a fun and easy card to make.


Thanks for taking time to stop by, I appreciate it!  Be sure to use the link above to see what fabulous creations the other DT members have to share and hopefully be inspired to join us this week!

Stef


Stamps:  Drink Up the Sunshine (MFT)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Magenta Madness (SU)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark, Ocean Waves (Altenew)
Other:  Drink Up the Sunshine dies, Fishtail Foundations dies (MFT), Mix and Match Frames die (Altenew), Pasture, Ponds & Pools stencil (MFT), Waterflow Slimline Stencil (Hero Arts), Detail White embossing powder (SSS), B204 Altenew Artist Marker, Sakura White Gelly Roll pen
Copics:  Skin - E13, 11, 21, 51, R20; Hair - E08, YR18, 14; Swimsuit & Bandana - G09, YG07, 01, C2, 1; Drink - YR16, Y38, 35, FYG1; Flower & Round Floaty - RV06, 02, FRV1, BG45, 53; Bird & Fronds - G09, YG07, 01, YR16, Y38, 35

7 comments:

Carol said...

Such a fun card Stef! Right after I realized the pool was outlined I wondered how you could make such a perfect line...then I read how you did it! Genius! As always your coloring is on point!! This just made me smile!

JoAnn said...

This is so adorable. Love the cute girl relaxing in her pool. Great card Stef.

Lisa Elton said...

This is adorable, Stef! Great job on the pool, the outline is a nice touch. But the icing on the cake is her polka dot bandana!

ddc designs said...

Such a delightful and absolutely adorable card!

Nancy said...

This is gorgeous and darling, Stef! I have always loved this MFT set and your pool came out perfect. You're such an amazing colorist! Thanks for playing along at Seize the Birthday!

JoAnn said...

I am a little slow, but just remembered I did not thank you for sharing this adorable card with us at Seize the Birthday. I love that adorable girl in her swimming pool.

Rachel said...

So cute!