Sunday, July 10, 2022

Happy Plants for Sunday Stamps

Hello friends!  It's time for a new challenge at Sunday Stamps and this time it's a lovely color challenge with lots of options.


My original idea was to create a beach scene including a VW bus, but then I got sidetracked by a stamp set I've had for quite a while and never used.  I ended up using navy, bright blue, sage green and tan from the color board.


I just love the various plants and vases in the set and chose ones that would fit in my design plan.  They were colored with Copic markers, die cut with matching dies and adhered together.  The sentiment was stamped in black and also die cut with the matching die.  My plan was to make it look as though the vases were sitting on the floor in front of a wall.


After using the cover die the panel was trimmed down and added to a white card base.  I layered on a strip that was colored brown with a Copic marker and beneath that, a small panel of white.  The plants and vases were added in layers, the front ones popped up with foam tape, then I used a gray marker to create subtle shadows underneath.  The sentiment was layered on two additional die cuts then adhered directly to the panel and that finished things off!  This card is part of a group of cards that will be donated to Cards for Kindness at Scrapbook.com, where they have ongoing card drives, many of which are sent to seniors and others with serious illnesses.  


Thanks for visiting, I always appreciate it!  Don't forget to use the link above to check out the fabulous cards by the other DT members and hopefully join us for this great color challenge!

Take care!

Stef


Stamps:  Happy Plants, Bitty Buzzwords (both Honey Bee Stamps)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Clair Nocturne (sentiment)
Other:  Happy Plants and Bitt Buzzwords matching dies, Intricate Stitched Ovals Cover die (Pinkfresh Studio)
Copics:  B39, 37, 34, 05, 02, 00, G28, 24, 21, 20, E34, 31, 30

4 comments:

Heather said...

Wow, Stef, your brilliant colors really take the cake - so bold and rich, and cacti are always my fave! What a stunning pierced background, too - perfect for these gorgeous pots!

dj said...

Beautiful...Your trio of potted plants is sure to bring a smile. Oh and I love the textured background!! What great inspiration for those who decide to play along with our new color challenge (#SS287) over at Sunday Stamps!!

R's Rue said...

It’s so cute. I love it. Well done my friend. Regine
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Heidi Baks said...

Beautiful coloring on your planters, and I love that subtle perforated background for some nice texture.