Monday, July 4, 2022

Sending Smiles for The Flower Challenge

Hello and welcome!  It's time for a new challenge at The Flower Challenge and this month the theme is CAS.


We're very sad that two of our wonderful DT members, Jyoti and Dhruvika, have decided to leave the team, but thankfully we were able add two new very talented team members, Sathya Kala Sankaran and Nancy Penir! Please be sure to use the link above to see all the beautiful CAS designs by our team and hopefully join us this month.

I really enjoyed this challenge, and my card definitely came together very quickly.


I used one of the two floral images from the Altenew Floral Henna stamp set.  I stamped it around the edges of a white panel, taking my inspiration from one of the examples included with the stamp set.  The flowers were then colored with Copic markers.


After the sentiment was stamped with black pigment ink, the panel was trimmed down to 3 5/8" x 4 7/8", leaving a nice black border after adhering to the card base.  Super simple and aside from the time it took to color, very quick to make.


Thanks for taking time to stop by and I hope to see you in gallery at TFC this month!

Take care!

Stef


Stamps:  Floral Henna (Altenew)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Pitch Black (Hero Arts)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Clair Nocturne
Other:  Copics - G09, 02, 00, B69, 66, 63, Y26, 15, 11

3 comments:

TaeEun said...

The blue flowers are beautifully colored, Stef! They look 3D!!! And I love that you placed the flowers slightly off set! A fabulous CAS layout!

Bobby said...

Beautiful coloring of those flowers, Stef. I love how you arranged them around the edge of the card.

Aileen said...

Oh my Steph, I love your colouring of these blooms and the design of your card. Perfect. Hugs Aileen