Friday, July 8, 2022

Let's Chill Soon!

Hello and welcome!  The awesome DT at the Color Hues challenge have teamed up with my friend, the fabulous Michele Ferguson, for a fun Color Hues Playing Cards with Friends!  How could I resist playing along with that match up? 


While not required for the Color Hues challenge, Michele also asked everyone to include stripes and/or stars, so I did manage to get one star on my card.


I don't know why, but I am just smitten with these little beach huts, and this color combination is perfect.  I did add a "kraft" color for the sand and a small bit of gray for neutrals.  I started by ink blending the background with a couple of Simon Says Stamp inks on Bristol paper.  In my first attempt, I tried to add a bit of ocean in front of the huts but it just didn't work for me with the A2 size, so I moved on and just gave this a "beachy feel" to it and you can imagine the ocean is just over the sand waiting to be played in.


I used two colors of blue along with the red to color the huts and towels, then used a small amount of tan and gray markers for the surfboard and fence.  After trimming the background panel to 4" x 5.25", the colored images were die cut and adhered to the panel, some with foam squares.  I used my Misti to line up and stamp the sentiment along with the birds, added the panel to a white card base and I was done!


Thanks for taking time to stop by!  I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Take care!

Stef


Stamps:  Beach Hut (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Koh-I-Noor Bristol
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Clair Nocturne (for the sentiment and birds), Marine and Latte (SSS)
Other:  Beach Hut dies
Copics:  B39, 37, 34, 05, 02, 00, R59, 46, 27, 05, E34, 31, 30, W5, 3, 1

4 comments:

Nancy said...

I ADORE this card, Stef! I am over the top impressed Your coloring is perfect and your attention to detail is perfect! Thrilled to see this beauty in the gallery at Color Hues.

Tracey McNeely said...

Stef, anything beachy is my favourite type of card to make, so I LOVE your beach huts! So Cute!! Thank you for sharing with us at the Color Hues!

Karen said...

I love this card! Your ink blended background is fabulous, and your Copic coloring of the beach huts is first-rate! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Color Hues!

I Card Everyone said...

Not only did you find the sweet spot for that star, but you've also managed to hang a STRIPED towel on the line, Stef!
I've always wished we had these darling little huts on our beach - yours in shades of blues and red are just perfect!
Thanks so much for Playing Cards with us at Color Hues, my friend!!
=]