Sunday, July 24, 2022

You Are the Best for Sunday Stamps

Hello and welcome!  It's time for a new challenge at Sunday Stamps and this time it's with a sketch that the talented Heather created.



I'm also playing along with the current Color Throwdown Challenge, using yellow, green, aqua and kraft colors on my card.


I took a bit of "artistic license" with Heather's sketch (hope you don't mind, teamie!) and instead of slanted panels I have flowers at opposing angles.


I started by die cutting all the flower petals, stems and the one center, then ink blending them with various dye inks.  The layering is relatively easy and as I ink blended each petal I held up the previous and the next one to make sure there was sufficient contrast.  When that was complete, the flowers were adhered close to their centers, then glued to the leaves.  


The size of the flowers required making a 5x7 inch card.  I trimmed down a panel of white to 4.25 x 6.25 inches, then ink blended two yellows in the middle before adhering the flowers.  The panel was layered on two additional layers of thick scrap cardstock then added to the kraft card base.  The sentiment was stamped with brown pigment ink then cut out with a circle die and added to the card front with foam tape.  I dug through my messy embellishment drawer and found some sequins that matched perfectly for that final touch.


Thanks for visting, I really appreciate it!  Be sure to use the link above to see the gorgeous cards by the other DT members and hopefully join us for this great sketch challenge!

Stef


Stamps:  You Are Enough (Gina K Designs)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White and Desert Storm
Ink:  Warm Sunshine and Maple Yellow (Altenew), Sprout, Fairway, Field, Seafoam, Surf, Ocean, Latte and Cappuccino (Simon Says Stamp)
Other:  Craft-A-Flower:  Garden Rose dies (Altenew), Nested Infinity Circle die (Hero Arts), E34 Copic Marker

8 comments:

dj said...

Love how you used the floral dies in place of the rectangles!! Fantastic!! What great inspiration to those who decide to play along with our new sketch challenge over at Sunday Stamps!!

Heather said...

WOW, Stef - what brilliant and beautiful color on this! So bold and crisp! I love the line details - so perfect!

Nancy said...

Stef, I had to come by and tell you how pretty this was! Love the soft background and the color of the flowers is so pretty. Well done!

Lisa Elton said...

I love that you used flowers for the panels in the sketch, Stef! This is such a pretty card!

Wanda Cullen said...

This is so vibrant and so gorgeous! Love these florals so much! Thanks for joining us in the challenge at CTD!

Claire Broadwater said...

Stef, this is gorgeous! I love the turquoise and yellow color combo! These flowers are just gorgeous!

Heidi Baks said...

Such a beautiful card, Stef, and so different from all the wintery cards on the challenge website. Very refreshing!

Nora Noll said...

This is gorgeous!! I LOVE the flowers and how you used the color. Beautiful design.