Friday, April 15, 2022

You Are the Best for The Flower Challenge

Hello and welcome!  It's mid-month and time for a reminder for The Flower Challenge, which remains open until the 25th.  This month the theme is to add a heart to your card.


I'm also joining the current Four Seasons Challenge.



For this card, I used a sweet background cover die to add hearts.


I love these soft colors so perfect for spring!  I started by foiling the flowers and leaves on panels of white, used the coordinating stencil to add color then die cut with the matching dies.  While I love to color with my Copic markers, stenciling is such a quick and easy way to get a card made.  I also like using the different colors that my dye inks offer.  For the flowers I used the new Saltwater Taffy Distress Ink along with Abandoned Coral and Fossilized Amber.  Love that new peachy-pink color!


For the background, the Hearts and Stars Cover Plate die was used to cut a panel of white, which was die cut with a rectangle die, leaving a nice border of green around it.  I foiled the sentiment in Blush Glimmer Foil to match the foiling on the flowers and leaves, then die cut it with the matching die.  To assemble it all, the green panel with the white die cut was adhered to a white card base, then the flowers and leaves place in opposite corners, some glued directly to the card along with the leaves, then other popped up using foam squares.  I used the die for the sentiment to cut two additional layers, adhered them together then added it to the card, along with a few gems for a touch of bling.  


I'm so glad you stopped by today, and I sure hope you'll use the link above to see all the new DT inspiration and hopefully join us by the 25th!

Take care!

Stef


Supplies are all from Pinkfresh Studio unless otherwise noted:
Brighter Days Hot Foil plate, Stencils and Die set, Hearts and Stars Cover Plate die, Fancy Script Words foil plate and die, Blush Glimmer Hot Foil (Spellbinders), Distress Inks - Saltwater Taffy, Abandoned Coral, Fossilized Amber, Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn, Nested Infinity Rectangle die, Iridescent Jewels (Lucy's Cards)

6 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is pretty, Stef! The shades of coral, green and gold is a wonderful color combination!

Aileen said...

Beautiful card StephSteph, love the design and those beautiful flowers hugs Aileen

Darlene said...

Oh Stef, this is so, so pretty! LOVE your overall design! Great colors! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Four Seasons Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back again soon.

Darlene
FOUR SEASONS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Bunny said...

Your background die is beautiful and so are the flowers that you stenciled. It's a lovely card. Thank you for joining us at the Four Seasons Challenge. Bunny - designer for The Four Seasons Challenge

Bobby said...

I'm a big fan of Salt Water Taffy, too, Stef. The DI not the candy lol It made such softly colored flowers with the wonderful glimmer accents.

I Card Everyone said...

I spied with my little eye all those hearts [and bonus stars] on your cover panel, Stef! Such a great idea!
Now if I could just pop over to have a play with this wonderful PF set! A girl can dream!
SO beautiful!
=]