Monday, April 4, 2022

A Bit of Sunshine for The Flower Challenge

Hello and welcome!  It's time for a new challenge at The Flower Challenge and this month we are adding hearts to our cards.  I hope you'll join us this month!


For my card, I found a really lovely layering stamp with flowers in the shape of a heart from Kitchen Sink Stamps.   


I just love the depth the layering stamps give to the final image, although next time I might use inks that produce even more contrast.  But I used what I had for yellows and I think it's just so sweet.  I started by testing out a number of yellow and brown ink combinations until I found the one I liked.  And I have to say lining up the four stamp layers was a breeze using the stamp layering guide.  When the stamping was complete, a light blue ink was blended all around the image, then the panel was die cut with the Chunky Scallop die.


I decided to keep things fairly CAS, so I die cut the trellis from white cardstock and adhered to the white card base.  The sentiment, from the same stamp set, was stamped in brown and die cut with a label die, then I added the second part of the sentiment inside that says "to brighten your day".  The main panel was added to the base with foam tape, the sentiment attached with thin foam squares and a few crystals added for a little bling. The final step was to add shimmer to the flowers with an aqua shimmer pen, which of course doesn't show up in the photos  :-( .  


Thanks for taking time to stop by!  Be sure to use the link above to see all the gorgeous cards by the other DT members and don't forget to come back here on the 15th when I'll have another card to share for this challenge.

Take care!

Stef


Stamps:  Sweetheart Daises (KSS)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White
Ink:  Versafine Clair Acorn; Carmel Toffee, Chamomile, Citrus Burst and Sea Glass (Altenew)
Other:  Chunky A2 Scalloped Rectangle die, Garden Trellis Cover die (Altenew), Tonic Aqua Shimmer pen, Studio Katia Ocean Wave Crystals

3 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I love the softness and the incredible sunflower filled heart! Such a pretty card, Stef!

Aileen said...

Such a beautiful card, love this stamped image. Would love to see it using some contrast colours like blue and mauve as well. What a stunner and perfect for our challenge xx hugs Aileen

Bobby said...

I can't believe the dimension you got with those stenciled flowers, Stef. I want to pick one right off the card.