Thursday, April 14, 2022

Beautiful You for the Tic Tac Toe Challenge

Hello friends, I hope you're doing well!  It's time for a new Tic Tac Toe Challenge and this week I've created this board that I hope will inspire you to join us!


Originally, my intention was to make a slimline card but limited time led me to make something relatively uncomplicated, so I went across the middle of the board - floral bouquet, spring, word die.


The floral bouquet image was stamped on the white panel and colored with Copic markers, using some nice vibrant colors.  I decided the blue vase needed a bit of something more, so I added a white polka dots, that ended up being a bit wonky (aka not uniform lol!) but I was okay with that.  I used a couple of the markers to add shading over the polka dots to match the original coloring and then went around the left edge of the image with a couple of light blue markers.  The panel was then trimmed down to 3.75" x 5".


The sentiment was stamped in blue pigment ink and die cut with a sentiment label die.  I took the darkest of the blue Copic markers, colored a scrap of white cardstock, then die cut the word you.  I layered the color panel on two additional white panels then added it to the card base.  I also used two die cut layers of white under both the sentiment strip and the word you before adhering to the card front.  The last step was to paint the word you with a shimmer pen, then cover it was Glossy Accents so it would be shiny.  I 'm really happy with how everything turned out, with the vibrant colors and the cute bouquet image.


Thanks so much for visiting, I appreciate it.  Be sure to use the link above to check out the fabulous cards by the other DT members and hopefully play along with us this week!

Take care!

Stef


Stamps:  Beautiful You (SCT Delivered)
Paper:  SCT white
Ink:  You Die (SCT Delivered), Skinny Strips die (MFT), Aqua Shimmer Pen (Tonic), Glossy Accents (Ranger), Sakura White Gelly Roll pen
Copics:  Y28, 26, 19, 13, 00, RV66, V05,01, RV29, 25, 23, 21, B28, 26, 24, 21,000, 0000, G28, 05, 17, G29, YG45, G21, 40, YG67, 17, 03

2 comments:

Carol said...

What a gorgeous bouquet Stef! very striking card with your wonderful coloring skills!!!

Lisa Elton said...

You had me with the polka dot vase, Stef this is lovely!