Monday, April 4, 2022

Butterfly Birthday for SCS Color Challenge

Hello and welcome!  Recently I had a wonderful surprise email from the SCS CC team leader, Mary Martinez, asking me if I'd like to be a guest designer for the month of April.  Of course I said yes, since it's been almost 2 years since I left the team and thought it would be fun to play along with my old (and some new) teammates.

This week the colors are a lovely combination of Misty Moonlight (such a dreamy blue), Old Olive and White, with a dessert option to add a fourth color.  I chose to use orange as the fourth color for my card.


I decided to use the lovely Botanicals and Butterflies stamp and die set from Pinkfresh Studio (actually almost all the products on this card are from PFS).  I debated about orange or blue flowers and ended up with blue so the butterflies could add nice pops of orange around the card.    The branch and butterflies were stamped, colored with Copic markers then die cut with the matching die.  


I love mixing organic images with geometric images, so I used the Geo Tiles cover die to cut a background from white cardstock.  I planned to adhere it to a panel of Misty Moonlight, but it was just too dark and the branch kind of got lost against it.  So I found a light blue ink that was a perfect match for Misty Moonlight and ink blended that on a panel of white and adhered the die cut to it. After that was added to a white card base, I used the Botanicals and Butterflies die to cut out two more layers, so everything could be have a bit of dimension against the background.  Once those were all in place, I found the sentiment that had previously been foiled and glued it across the main image, with additional die cut layers under just the letters off the edge.


Thanks for taking time to stop by!  If you want to see the Design Team's beautiful cards and perhaps join in the challenge, here's a link to Splitcoaststampers, where you can find the link to the Color Challenge on the front page.

Take care! 

Stef


Stamps:  Botanicals and Butterflies
Paper:  Neenah Solar White and Hammermill White
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Blueberry (Altenew)
Other: Botanicals and Butterflies matching die, Geo Tiles Cover Plate die, Fancy Script Words Hot Foil Plate and die, Gold Glimmer Hot Foil (Spellbinders)
Copics:  B97, 45, 41, YG97, 95, 93, E29, 37, 33, YR09, 07, 16, Y17, 15

1 comment:

Lisa Elton said...

Congrats on guesting, Stef your card is beautiful! I love every little fabulous detail!