Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Playing Cards with Michele

Hello friends!  Today's post is a special one because I am playing cards with my friend Michele Ferguson.  I few months ago she asked me if I'd like to join her and truly, how could you say no to Michele?  She's one of the sweetest and kindest people I've met through card making and I was thrilled and honored she asked me to join her.

The theme Michele chose is Hope because April is the National Month of Hope.  Pretty much the only restriction to what we could make was no flowers allowed (!), which was a real challenge for this flower loving gal lol!  However, after I started thinking about the things that represent hope, I thought about Spring, rebirth, metamorphosis...and I decided to use butterflies and a fresh green and white palette.  I hope you like what I came up with!


I started by hot foiling the Lush Vines plate using gold glimmer foil on white paper.  After trimming it down, I used Copics to color just a select number of leaves as I wanted the card to have plenty of white.  After the panel was adhered to the green card base, I die cut the oval frame from gold mirror card stock that fortunately matched up perfectly with the gold foil.


The sentiment was white heat embossed on some of the same green cardstock.  I really love the encouragement, and I think hope, that it conveys.  Along with the sentiment, the two butterflies were die cut - the detail from white and the solid from pearlescent vellum.  All the components were adhered to the card, and I was done.


Thanks so much for taking time to stop by, I appreciate it.  I can't wait to see what beautiful creation Michele has come up with - be sure to join me here at Michele's blog, you don't want to miss seeing this!!

Take care!

Stef


Stamps:  Beautiful Butterflies (sentiment/Simon Says Stamp)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Paisley (C&9), Gold Mirror (Tonic), Pearlescent Vellum (Lawn Fawn)
Ink:  Versamark
Other:  Fancy Oval Frame die (Pinkfresh Studio), Delicate Butterflies dies (Spellbinders), Nested Infinity and Rounded Infinity Rectangle dies (Hero Arts), Lush Vines Hot Foil plate (PS), Gold Glimmer Hot Foil (Spellbinders), White Detail embossing powder (SSS)
Copics:  VG67, 17, 03

9 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Stef, this is amazing! we BOTH chose butterflies??!! I have many in my collection but this one is extraordinary! LOve the gold with this beautiful Springtime green. Their vellum wings are sheer perfection!

You may or may not know, but we 'bloom' hundreds of butterflies every year from our front porch! As their official 'mom' it is my job to see that their maiden voyage is successful! My heart is very HOPEFUL that each one finds a good place to 'hang out' until those fragile wings are dry. Believe me I've had to give a helping hand on occasion!
Wish you could come join me one day!
Thanks so very much for saying yes to my invitation to play!
=]

conil said...

Lush and green and full of hope, that's what I see when I look at your card. Isn't playing cards with Michele fun. You've done the challenge proud.

lostinpaper said...

WoW! You have knocked this one out of the ball park Stef... and not a flower in sight! I agree, cards 'without' flowers can be a challenge for me too, but those layered butterflies are stunning!

Lisa Elton said...

I know Michele just loves this pretty card of yours, she has a soft spot for butterflies! Love the fancy gold frame and layered butterflies. This is marvelous, Stef!

Aileen said...

Wow this looks amazing Steph, those butterflies look so beautiful and the leaf foil embossing wow, perfect xx Aileen

Bonnie said...

Hi Stef. I'm loving these white butterflies with the vellum backing! So dainty and delicate! The foiled background is amazing and the bit of coloring brings it to life!

Bobby said...

I love the look of Spring with the wonderful green leaves blooming in the foiled background, Stef. That gold frame is beautiful and a wonderful place for those lovely butterflies to light.

TK said...

Very pretty! Love the delicate foiling behind your big statement gold frame, and of course those delicate and beautiful butterflies -- so wonderful. I'm sure glad Michele sent me your way!

Karren said...

The hot-foiled background is gorgeous and works beautifully with those fabulous butterflies! Such a wonderful card!