Monday, April 18, 2022

Butterfly Birthday for the SCS Color Challenge

Hello and welcome!  I'm in my third week of guesting with the fabulous Color Challenge team at Splitcoaststampers!  This week, my dear former teamie Karen has chosen some vibrant colors for us to play with - Gorgeous Grape, Pacific Point and Pear Pizzazz.  I was a bit thrown by Pacific Point at first, but figured out a way to use it that I really love, and I hope you do too!

I'm also joining the current challenge at Festive Friday.  I used blue, rhinestones and die cuts from the Inspo List.


Because the image I stamped and colored was so large, and I didn't want to trim it down, the card ended up being five inches square.


Such an amazing stamp and the challenge colors worked beautifully with it.  It was colored with Copic markers, then I inked blended around it with a vibrant Distress Oxide ink called Villainous Poison, which as you can imagine was released last fall just in time for Halloween.  I tried to color the stamen gray but it was too blah, so I used my silver gel pen instead.  And that led me to use more silver for the sentiment die cuts and some metallic ink as well.


After the ink blending was complete, I used a metallic paint/ink around the edges of the colored panel, then decided to add some splatter.  I had a couple of large "bloops" that I had to try to clean up and eventually covered up one with the strategic placement of a crystal gem.  After the paint dried, the panel was adhered to the white card base, then the sentiment (which was die cut and layered 3 times) was added along with the gems.  


I'm so glad you took time to stop by!  I've added a link above to the Splitcoaststamper's front page from which you can access the Color Challenge to check out all the great inspiration and play along this week.

Take care!

Stef


Stamps:  Spread Your Wings (Gina K Designs)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Matte Silver (Simon Says Stamp)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Villainous Poison Distress Oxide
Other:  Happy Birthday Poe Script dies (Poppystamps), Silver Mica Ink (Kuretake), Silver Gel Pen (Altenew), Crystal Collection-Night Sky (Lucy's Cards)
Copics:  V09, 17, 15, 12, G29, 21, 40, YG45, B28, 26, 24, 21, C2

4 comments:

Melanie Hungerford said...

Wow, the colors really are perfect, and your coloring is amazing! That blending around the edges has a beautiful effect. So glad you joined us at Festive Friday!

Lisa Elton said...

This is stunning, Stef! Your coloring is amazing, love this!

Sharon Hashimoto Burkert said...

Beautiful! Your coloring and color choice is just fantastic. Thank you for playing along with the Festive Friday Challenge.

Jaydee said...

Steff, this is so artistic. I love the effect, the colors and the image! So glad you shared this with us at Festive Friday this week
Jaydee