Sunday, April 17, 2022

Pastel Floral Birthday for Sunday Stamps

Hello and welcome!  It's time for a new challenge at Sunday Stamps and this time we have a delightful pastel color board to inspire you.


I'm also joining the current As You See It Challenge, where they have this fabulous sketch.


When I saw the sketch I immediately thought of my well loved Watercolor Stripes stencil and thought it would work well for the sketch plus create a great background for my pastel floral wreath.  I started by stenciling Mint Choc ink over it onto a panel of white, and then I went to work stenciling the pretty wreath.


I decided to get a no line look with my stenciling, so the wreath was stamped in a very light ink, just dark enough so I could line up the stencils.  With the layering stencils I was able to achieve shading for everything except the grapes, so I used a V22 Copic marker to add a bit of shading/outline so they didn't look like just one big blob lol!  When the stenciling was complete, I used a gold gel pen to draw in the stamen on the yellow flowers, then the wreath and three additional branches were die cut.  The wreath was die cut two more times from white cardstock for layering underneath to achieve dimension. 

The striped background was added to the white card base, then the wreath.  The gold foiled sentiment was added across the middle of the wreath, then a few gold baubles scattered around the wreath to finish things off.


Thanks so much for taking time to stop by, I appreciate it!  Be sure to use the link above to check out the beautiful cards by the other DT members, and hopefully play along with our color challenge!

Take care!

Stef


Stamps:  Rainbow Floral
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Hammermill White
Ink:  Gina K Barely There Amalgam; Rose Quartz, Puffy Heart, Lemon Ice, Warm Sunshine, Lime, Fresh Leaf, Wyteria and Mint Choc (Altenew)
Other:  Fancy Script Words Hot Foil Plate and dies (Pinkfresh Studio), Rainbow Floral dies (PS)
Watercolor Stripes stencil (Altenew), Gold Gel pen (Altenew), Gorgeous Golden Baubles (Trinity Stamps), Copics - V22, YG05

7 comments:

Heather said...

Dang, Stef, I LOVE this wreath! You have such a fine touch with this layering technique - it's amazing! It looks like silk screening to me almost - just lovely! Love this sweet design! Thanks so much for playing at As You See It!

Heather said...

Well, duh, lol, how did I miss that this was your SSC card?? Brilliant take on our colors, too - perfect for our little meringues!

Jan Clothier said...

LOVE that striped background stencil! And such pretty colour choices too! You’ve achieved a pleasing depth in the stencilled elements of the wreath. This is just BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for playing along with us at As You See It.

Lisa Elton said...

I love every little thing about your beautiful card!

Jane Knudsen said...

What a stunner! I love that you used that stencil and paired with the soft colors for the flowers creates one gorgeous card! Love it! Thanks for joining us at As You See It!

Heather Cooper said...

The stripes are a perfect background to that gorgeous layered stencil wreath! You did such a beautiful job of colouring that with the stencils. Thanks for trying out our sketch at As You See It Challenges!

LeAnne said...

These pastels look good enough to eat, what a gorgeous card! The stripes on the background are so soft and a perfectly way to highlight those florals! Thanks for using our sketch this week at As You See It!