Sunday, April 3, 2022

You Are Loved for Sunday Stamps

Hello and welcome!  It's time for a new challenge at Sunday Stamps and this week I've created the sketch for this challenge.


I'm also joining the current Color Throwdown challenge, where the challenge colors are purple, sage green and cream.


You'd think since I created the sketch, that it would be easy to make my card, but oh, no, I ended up having so many ideas I had to take time to sort them out.  However, when I saw the pretty CTD colors, I settled on this pretty floral.


I started by stamping and Copic coloring the large dahlias, then fussy cutting as there are no coordinating dies.  It's a relatively easy image to fussy cut and I left the section in the middle, because first of all it would be tricky to cut out, and secondly, I knew I'd be mounting the florals on a white circle so it wouldn't be obvious.  The next step was to emboss at panel of Natural White (which is a nice ivory/cream color) and die cut the scalloped strips from white.  The skinny strips of green were die cut from a scrap of white cardstock that I colored with a couple of green Copic markers, in order to have it match the flower stems.


With all the components ready, I put the card together, adhering the embossed panel to the white card base, adding the scallops and green strip, then layering two white die cut circles in the middle before popping up the floral image with foam tape.  The silver foiled sentiment was one of many left over from a prior foiling session.  It was glued to the floral image except for a couple letters hanging off the right side, which had foam tape added to them.  The final task was to add a few silver baubles and I was done.


Well, there you have it!  The team has created some lovely cards, so be sure to head over to the challenge (link above) for more inspiration and hopefully play along with us!

Take care!

Stef


Stamps:  Dahlia Bright Eyes (Altenew), Celebrating You (Pinkfresh Studio)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White and Natural White
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Other:  Blossom Field 3D embossing folder (Simon Says Stamp), Slim Lacy Layers die (Waffle Flower), Stripes 1 die (SSS), Nested Infinity Circle die (Hero Arts), Celebrating You Hot Foil Plate and matching die (PFS), Silver Glimmer Hot Foil (Spellbinders), Silver Baubles (Trinity Stamps)
Copics:  BV08, 17, 13, 01, 01, 000, G28, 46, 24, 21, 20

5 comments:

Heather said...

Wowza, Stef, once again you blow me away with your superb coloring - I could pluck this right off the screen! Purple and green is my fave color combo - so gorgeous in these tones!

Lisa Elton said...

What a gorgeous card and the coloring is amazing!

Lisa H. said...

wow! what beautiful florals. this card is lovely. thanks for linking up to CTD.

Heidi Baks said...

Beautiful card! Thank you for your lovely sketch.

Nancy said...

Had to come by from SS and tell you how gorgeous this is Stef! The sketch is super fun and your coloring is stunning! Well done!