Sunday, May 10, 2020

You're Amazing for The Paper Players!

Hi friends!  I hope this finds you well and safe!  It's Sunday and time for a new challenge at The Paper Players.  The lovely Claire is hosting this week's Color Challenge with these oh-so-perfect-for-Spring colors!


I'm also joining the current challenge at Sunday Stamps using this great sketch.


Well, these colors meant only one thing for me - flowers!  I used an as yet uninked stamp set that I won as part of a prize package from the generous Kathy Racoosin during the 30 Day Coloring challenge last November.  The set has a number of large blooms and I chose this one.

 
The flower and leaves were colored with Copic markers in colors similar to those of the challenge, with a neutral light brown for the stamen.  Once the coloring was complete I fussy cut both the flower and leaves.  For the circle, some Soft Pool ink from Hero Arts was gently blended on white card, then die cut and layered on a larger white scallop circle.  The flower and leaves were added to the circle with thin foam adhesive squares, then set aside while I worked on the card base.


I now have several scraps of white card since going through a number iterations trying to create the background.  I ended up doing the simple thing of gently ink blending more of the Soft Pool on the left side of the panel, then layered on this cool cover die.  I really like the contrast between the organic flower and the geometric pattern.  I wrapped the panel with some really old Pool Party satin ribbon, adhered it to the base and added the circle with the main image with foam tape.  The sentiment is from an MFT stamp set and was heat embossed on black and popped up on foam tape as well.  An aqua shimmer pen was used on the flower petals and as usual I finished off with a few jewels.


Thanks so much for visiting, I really appreciate it!  Be sure to use the link above to check out the rest of the DT's creations and hopefully join the challenge this week!

Stef


Stamps:  Peony Bouquet (Picket Fence Studios), You Wow Me (MFT)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Black
Ink:  Gina K Obsidian Amalgam, Versamark, Soft Pool (Hero Arts)
Other:  Polygon Cover Plate die (Neat & Tangled), Nested Circle die (Hero Arts), Layering Scallop Circle framlit (ret. SU), Alabaster embossing powder (Brutus Monroe), Bridal Mix jewels (Lucy's Cards Little Things), Sycamore Street Ribbon Collection (ret. SU), Tonic Nuvo Aqua Shimmer pen
Copics:  YG67, 17, 03, RV 17, 09, 06, 04, 02, E51

11 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Oh, wow, Stef! From the striking die cut card base to your exquisite coloring, this card is absolutely stunning! LOVE it!

Claire Broadwater said...

Stef, this is fabulous! You certainly made my colors shine! I love that fabulous background die! It is an amazing way to showcase that gorgeous flower! I love the scalloped border behind the circle, too! And of course, everything is better with pearls! You rocked my challenge this week! Happy Mother's Day and have a great week, My Friend!

Stamps-N-Lingers said...

You are, indeed, the Queen of Copic, Stef! Your flower is perfectly colored - and yes, the contrast of the flower with the geometric background is wonderful. Looks like a climbing rose on its trellis!! :)

Jaydee said...

Stef, another beautifully colored focal element. I love the use of the die-cut in the background. Gorgeous
hugs
jaydee

Allisa said...

Gorgeous coloring! Love the background, perfect take on the sketch!

Heather said...

Oh, love this, Stef - such a gorgeous bloom! That lattice background is spectacular! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

laurie said...

Love the layers and gorgeous bloom!!

stampwithamyk said...

Oh wow, that is stunning! Your flower is just beautiful and I love the background! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Stef that bloom is an eyecatching showstopper - just fabulous! I love the diecut background and subtle sponging to pick up the Pool Party Detail. Just gorgeous!

Melissa Grant said...

Oh this is lovely! Your coloring is gorgeous and love the dimension that background brings to your bud! Thanks for sharing with us at Sunday Stamps!

Vicky Hayes said...

Utterly gorgeous Stef! I love the soft ink blend under the geometric cover die and the flower makes a stunning centrepiece. Even the faceted jewels are perfectly chosen! Vicky x