Saturday, May 23, 2020

Big Hugs

Hello there and thanks for visiting!  I have a card to share that I made for two challenges - Retro Rubber and CAS(E) this Sketch.

 (Circles, embossing, pattern paper)



Donna's sketch really lends itself to quick and easy cards, which is exactly what I did.


I love this paper with succulents in soft greens and blues, with a touch of light pink.  It was die cut with a stitched rectangle die then adhered directly to the card base.


Next I stamped the sentiment in black pigment ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder, thus allowing me to avoid messy black ep.  It was die cut with a circle die and adhered to a slightly larger green circle.  The sentiment comes from a Simon Says Stamp stamp set that I've had for over 3 years and have used a lot because of it's pretty font and nice messages.  An embossed strip of pool paper was added to the card front then the sentiment adhered on top.  The final touch was to add a few clear sequins.


Thanks so much for visiting, I really appreciate it!

Stef


Stamps:  Big Scripty Greetings (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Green Apple (SSS), Pool Party (SU), Painted Seasons dsp (ret. SU)
Ink:  Versamark Clair Nocturne
Other:  A2 Stitched Rectangle Stax Set 1 (MFT), Nested Circle dies (Hero Arts), ret. SU embossing folder, SSS Ultra Fine Clear ep, Sparkling Clear sequins (PPP)

4 comments:

LeAnne said...

This is beautiful....I have some of this paper left and you've inspired me to get it out and USE it! That big bold sentiment is beautiful too! Thanks for playing with the Retro Rubber challenge this week!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

I love succulents and this paper is gorgeous with all of these images in those pretty colors.
Love how you interpreted the RETRO RUBBER challenge, thank you so much for playing along.
Hugs.
Maria/DT

creative lady said...

Your card is beautiful, love every detail. Thanks for sharing with Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.

Claire Grantham said...

Gorgeous card, love that giant sentiment, pairs so well with that gorgeous paper. Thanks for joining us this time at Retro Rubber. Claire DT