Monday, May 4, 2020

Hello Friend

It's time for a new Color Challenge at Splitcoaststampers!  I'm the host this week and have chosen Flirty Flamingo, Crushed Curry and Rich Razzleberry with a dessert option to use die cuts.


I'm also joining the current Anything Goes challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge


I had to again use the beautiful Farm Fresh Flowers stamp set for my card, after using it last week here.  I love these images and coloring them.  Copic markers similar to the challenge colors and neutrals Merry Merlot, Mossy Meadow and Basic Gray were used for coloring.


When the coloring was complete, the bouquet and metal pitcher were die cut with matching dies and set aside while I worked on the background and sentiment.  You can see in the photo above the die cut panel that was cut with the Dotted Scales Debossing Cover die and also rounded rectangle die, after which it was added to the card base with fun foam.

It took me longer to figure out the sentiment than it did to color with my Copics, but I finally landed on the pretty bold hello die.  It was die cut four times and then two Copics were used to achieve a custom ombre color close to Rich Razzleberry.


The sentiment was adhered along with the accompanying stamped friend, then the pitcher was glued directly to the debossed panel and the bouquet added with foam tape.  I think you can see above the sentiment was covered with a shimmer pen as were the flowers but I don't think that's visible.  So hard to photo sparkle!  Finally I added a few jewels and called it a day.


Thanks so much for visiting, I really appreciate it!  I hope you'll join us for the Color Challenge this week!

Stay safe and healthy!

Stef


Stamps:  Farm Fresh Flowers (Honey Bee), Mini Everyday Messages (Mama Elephant)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White
Ink:  Gina K Obsidian Amalgam, Versafine Clair Nocturne
Other:  Dotted Scales Debossing Cover die (Altenew), Rounded Rectangle Nested dies (Hero Arts), Bold Hello (Simon Says Stamp), Bridal Mix Jewels (Lucy's Cards Little Things), Tonic Nuvo Aqua Shimmer pen

1 comment:

Vicky Hayes said...

This is an absolute stunner Stef! So detailed and yet still very clean - and I LOVE that jug of flowers! Vicky x