Monday, May 11, 2020

Better World

Hello friends and welcome back!  It's time for a new Color Challenge at Splitcoaststampers!  Barbara is hosting and has chosen Melon Mambo, Calypso Coral and Daffodil Delight with a dessert option of "thinking of you".  I hope you'll use the SCS link above and join us for the Color Challenge this week!

I'm also joining the current challenge at Just Us Girls where we are to use something "mini".  Hopefully my mini gnome with her house and yard fits that description! ; - )




I just had to use my new Gnomies stamp set because it is just tooooo cute!  I started by ink blending the background with Squeezed Lemonade and Abandoned Coral Distress Inks, splattered with water and set aside.  Once dry, it was die cut with a rounded rectangle die.  Next I found some already die cut grassy hills which I ink blended to resemble Mossy Meadow (SU neutral).  The grass was attached and then I went to work on the sweet little gnome girl, house and other images.

I used Copic markers similar to the challenge colors plus similar to SU neutrals Night of Navy, Basic Gray, Gray Granite and Mossy Meadow.  I'm afraid my marker combo to create the navy roof wasn't as dark as I originally thought, so it's a quite a bit brighter than planned (oops!), but I was cutting time very close and wasn't able to redo it.


I used a warm gray to color the main part of the house but it all seemed to blend into the stone around the door and rocks in front, so first I tried to create texture with colorless blending solution and a piece of gauze.  That worked but wasn't sufficient, so I used two brown and a black Prismacolor pencils to create more shading and a softer brown look.  I have to admit I was tickled pink with the result!

With the coloring complete and the images die cut, it was all adhered to the ink blended panel then added to a white card base.  I used a white gel pen to put dots on the mushrooms and light lines on the house windows.


Thanks so much for visiting, I truly appreciate it!  Have a great week!

Stef


Stamps:  Hanging with My Gnomies (MFT)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Strathmore Bristol
Ink:  Gina K Obsidian Amalgam, Versafine Claire Nocturne, Peeled Paint, Mowed Lawn, Squeezed Lemonade and Abandoned Coral Distress Inks
Other:  Nested Rounded Rectangle dies (Hero Arts), Hanging with My Gnomies Die-namics (MFT), Grassy Hillside dies (Lawn Fawn), Prismacolor Premiere colored pencils, Sakura White Gelly pen
Copics:  RV17, 09, 06, 04, 02, R08, 05, 22, 12, 11, G99, 94, 82, W5, 3 , 1, 0, C 5, 3 1, E53, 37, 35, 33, 11, 01, 00, B28, 26, 24, Y08, 06, 04, V01

3 comments:

Ina G said...

Oh Stef this is absolutely gorgeous. Fabulous little scene and how beautifully coloured too. Thanks for sharing at JUGS this week.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Oh my Stef - your cute gnome is adorable! Love the sponged sky behind your cute scene; I am going to have to jump on the gnome train, these littlies are so cute!

Deborah Frings said...

Wow - such a cute scene and so beautifully coloured. Adore those mini mushrooms! Thanks for playing along with JUGS, Deborah, GDT. x