Sunday, May 17, 2020

Hey There for The Paper Players!

Hello friends, I hope you're staying healthy and safe!  It's time for a new challenge at The Paper Players!  This week the lovely Ann is hosting the CAS challenge for masculine cards.


I'm also joining the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where this week's theme in Animal Fun.


My card was made for a friend of ours that lives back in Oregon.  He loves dogs (and fortunately his wife does too!), so I thought this would be a fun one to send to him.


I love all the images in the MFT Picture Perfect stamp set, they are so darn cute!  I used Copic markers to color these doggie pals then trimmed down the panel to fit behind the Polariod die cut frame.  The sentiment is from a Paper Smooches stamp set which I seem to reach for often as I love all the different fonts.


The background was created using various images from the Crazy Dogs stamp set that were inked up in brown pigment ink and stamped on a panel of Neenah Dessert Storm.  When the ink was dry the panel was added to the white card base and our cute pups in their Polaroid selfie added at an angle.  While the card does have a couple of layers I think it's still relatively CAS (for me anyway LOL!).

Thanks so much for visiting, it's always appreciated!  Use the link above and head over to the challenge and check out the rest of the DT samples!  I hope you'll join us this week and share your CAS masculine card!

Stef


Stamps:  Picture Perfect (MFT), Crazy Dogs (Tim Holtz), Sentiment Sampler (Paper Smooches)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White and Dessert Storm
Ink:  Gina K Obsidian Amalgam, Versafine Clair Pinecone
Other:  Polaroid Shaker Frame Die-namics (MFT)
Copics:  YR24, 23, 12, C7, 5, 3, 1, B05, 01, 000, E29, 37, 35, 33, R59, 29, 02

11 comments:

Nora Noll said...

This is SO CUTE!! I LOVE your coloring on the adorable dogs and your fun background you stamped. Such a FUN card!

Ann Schach said...

Oh my gosh...absolutely adorable, Stef! You've colored these canines perfectly. I LOVE how you created your own designer series paper. Any dog lover would love to receive this card! You rocked my clean and simple challenge this week. Thank you!

Allisa said...

Super cute card and your coloring is perfect!

Stamps-N-Lingers said...

Oh boy - love this card! Those goofy dogs - and the fun font on the sentiment - are perfectly adorable! Super cute! :)

LeAnne said...

Eeeek, this is so cute! I love your pup selfie, and your coloring is amazing!! And what a great background you created as well!

laurie said...

LOL SO cute...love it!

Jaydee said...

Stef, thanks to you this set - and the Christmas set - both found their way into a cart and into my craft room. I have no idea how that happened, but I know it's all your fault :-) Another fabulous coloring job! Love this card
hugs
jaydee

Claire Broadwater said...

WOW! Stef, this is so FUN! Your friends will love it! The background you created is fabulous! Your coloring always amazes me! CAS perfection, My Friend!

HilaryJane said...

This is such a fun card, great colouring too xx

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This is fab Stef - it's like a dog selfie!! I'm sure your friend will love those comical pups!!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Stef, your card instantly brought a smile to my face! I LOVE my pups and am very involved in animal rescue so this just resonated with me. Your awesome coloring always wows me, too!